The Student Room Group

Kraggor's Diet/Workout Journey

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Day 16, 16th April 2019
Helloooooo, anyone thereee?:poke: Evening guys :h:

Daily Life
I felt really good about today. I've been feeling sick as my sore throat has now gone to my chest so I'm coughing alot and have a runny nose but I did manage to get so much done at work and somehow got in for 8am :P (I tend to go in later these days :laugh:)
If you read earlier on we had a new tester who wasn't really pulling his weight and he was off last week for a course and now is ill this week but it sounds from overhearing that we may not be getting him back :s-smilie:
One funny and stupid thing I did today, was finally once I thought I had got 2 years worth of data history I couldn't find it in our data tables. So pretty much 4 of us tried to figure it out because the guy who set it up (no documentation for it either) is in India currently...but in simple words we pretty much were trying to search for an apple but rather than typing in apple to search we were putting in pple xD So pretty much we did already had the data I pulled and we spent over 30 mins for nothing :toofunny:

Weather was pretty meh today, was on and off light showers and when I finished work (worked an extra unpaid hour today :confused:) it was at that time raining so rather then go for the next shop for next few meals just went straight home instead and thought it would be a good opportunity to use some of the old food and stuff we have in the kitchen so we can make room for new better stuff :smile:

One exciting delivery came for me today! :awesome: An original piece of art created with Polychromos Pencils :h: (See below). I've ordered a frame for it so we can start to hang some random bits up and we also have some more artwork coming in soon too. For the Charizard below all credit goes to c.jade_art on instagram :smile: (Check her our if you want to see some really awesome Pokemon artwork) :woo:
IMG_20190416_225239.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Food

Breakfast

Cheese Croissant - 250 Calories

Lunch

Unforunately didn't get to have lunch until nearly 3 0 clock so had to grab some crappy stuff :frown:
Egg Sandwich - 303 Calories
Mini Cheddars - 179 Calories

Dinner
Using up our food stocks :biggrin:
Mac n Cheese Pot - 174 Calories
Baked Beans - 156 Calories
2 Slices of Toast - 126 Calories

Snacks
Cheese dip/Breadsticks - 103 Calories
Apple - 71 Calories
Clementine - 42 Calories
Peach Live Yoghurt - 60 Calories
Rich Tea Biscuits - 76 Calories

Other (Zero/Uneligible Calories)
Water - 1.5Litres
Pepsi Max - 1 Glass
Americano - 1 Cup
Coffee - 1 Cup

Total Calories: 1540 Target on point! :u:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Workout
Last night's workout felt good to do again from a mental point of view. Still could feel the physical struggle but that is okay. I'll keep on having incremental progress and hopefully over time it becomes more enjoyable, more beneficial and more ease to it. :smile:

Warm Up - 2.5 mins of light jog
Running on the spot with high knees - 50 Reps
Bicycle Crunches - 40 Secs
Superman - 30 Reps
Sumo Squats - 20 Reps
Lying Leg Raises - 10 Reps

Walking - 2km - 116 Calories Burned
Anyone who is interested in keeping up to date with my journey then just let me know and I will add you to the below tag list

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by StudyBunny33
Hello! Your doing amazing so far. Keep up the amazing work :smile:

Hiya :smile: Aw thanks. Last week wasn't so great but I feel much more refreshed now and progress is still being made :h: I will do! Thanks for the support :biggrin:
Reply 82
Quick Update
Just made some updates to blogs to make sure I mention specifics. As most who read are aware I am of the Islamic faith now and therefore Pork is off the menu :smile: so me and my gf always get either veggy versions, halal or chicken/turkey alternatives but I am still use to just calling them by their old names. I wont usually say 'I had a vegetarian bacon sandwich' I just say 'I had bacon sandwich :biggrin:' or like 'I had sausages and mash' when I should put ' I had chicken sausages and mash' which I can see can be misleading (from what I've now been told lol)
So I'll try to remember to add on those prefixes so for those who point it out don't judge me :redface:
Thanks to all those who keeping supporting me and encouraging me along my journey :h:
Original post by Kraggor
Quick Update
Just made some updates to blogs to make sure I mention specifics. As most who read are aware I am of the Islamic faith now and therefore Pork is off the menu :smile: so me and my gf always get either veggy versions, halal or chicken/turkey alternatives but I am still use to just calling them by their old names. I wont usually say 'I had a vegetarian bacon sandwich' I just say 'I had bacon sandwich :biggrin:' or like 'I had sausages and mash' when I should put ' I had chicken sausages and mash' which I can see can be misleading (from what I've now been told lol)
So I'll try to remember to add on those prefixes so for those who point it out don't judge me :redface:
Thanks to all those who keeping supporting me and encouraging me along my journey :h:

Welcome :smile:.
:woo:
Reply 85
Original post by Enginerd.
Welcome :smile:.

Thank you :h: Just seen you also have a blog! :eek: I'll make sure to give a good read once I get home :smile:
Original post by Obolinda
:woo:

:dance:
Original post by Kraggor
Ah I see, I use to love being in the water and back then it use to help my breathing loads because my asthma was worse back then :redface: Yup my work is only meant to be 37.5hrs but sometimes (quite frequent) will work more to get bits done (not paid anymore though :frown:) She might be able too! But, we tend to just have pasta, noodle and rice dishes :P (most of the time)

Yeah I use to be like that to. If I walked past somewhere convenient it was just easy, quick and tasty. And ofc I still treat myself as this diet right now isn't about strict nutrition but I just try to do those things less :smile:

oo that sounds very nice! :u: Love myself a good bakery :cookie: Oo hope you been enjoying and continue to enjoy your Easter Holidays. I will be receiving an egg this year but thankfully me and my gf can't eat that much chocolate all at once so should be safe on the calories :P

This time I had 95g (just because we needed to finish the pack haha but usually I have 75g (though grams for rice, pasta, potatoes can vary depending on how many calories I want to eat)
Yes so for this week Im reducing the reps/times because I was struggling but I will slowly increase it as weeks go by. And I do plan on weight training but probably not for a month or two once I start to see good progress with my fitness.

I am just following the guidelines of my PT (I have a full plan on paper) if I have any concerns or bits I want to change I bring it up with her. So far I haven't felt starving or anything so I am fine for 1570 Calories (I some days I have gone over :colondollar:)

Oh I see its frustrating as I've been swimming
Today I took part on an Easter egg hunt at my local youth club it was pretty cool and there was an egg and spoon race too 😂 for years I like pasta, noodles and rice they're good carbs, do you eat wholewheat pasta? I normally have 110G of pasta so a bit similar to you though I have a lot of protein with my pasta are you gonna be sticking to 1570 as you increase the intensity of your workouts?
Reply 87
Day 17, 17th April 2019
Good Evening Folks :smile: Hope you are all having a fantastic week so far :h: And hope those with bank holidays are looking forward to the upcoming long weekend woo! :woo:

Daily Life
Today was honestly so stressful and was so glad once I came home this evening. I messed up a few times at work today but mainly due to the project I'm working on is really awkward due to how the data comes in. But, pretty much I was looking at the wrong thing for probably a good hour. Not gonna go on a rant but I did manage to get everything I needed to be done but did manage to stay probably an hour and a half later than expected.
Went for a medium sized walk after through the parks and estates before heading home just to destress a little :redface:

Wanted an easy night when I got home so just made some quick noodles and watched some videos and got ready for my workout :smile:
Super glad that tomorrow is last day before having 4 days off yay! :h:

Although I did make a tasty looking omelette for my girlfriend when she got home late from work so I guess I at least wasn't too lazy today :P

Oo also for those who have been following that tester that wasnt doing so well, well he kinda handed in his resignation...and as we were told two of our older guys said 'Good! I mean, aww shame' xD Aren't we so down to earth lol but in all honesty I kind of agree with them. He was using up value time and money for no results :frown: but hopefully he can find something that suits him better :smile:

Food

Breakfast
Belvita honey and nut biscuits - 200 Calories

Lunch
Breaded Turkey in Red Thai Curry Sauce with Rice - 350 Calories
IMG_20190417_131200.jpg

Dinner
Satay Noodles with Feta cheese and spinach - 550 Calories
IMG_20190417_195438.jpg

Snacks
Apple - 71 Calories
Custard Cream Cake - 204 Calories (Thank you girlfriend xD)
Yakult Yoghurt Drink - 43 Calories
Muller Corner Cherry Yoghurt - 109 Calories

Water - 1.25Litres
Americano - 2 Cups
Pepsi Max - 2 Glasses

Total Calories: 1527 Target on point! :ahee: Although today I had some cravings so maybe abit on the caffeinated and sugary side haha
Workout

Lying Leg Raises - 30 Secs
Lunges - 30 Secs
Sumo Squats - 30 Secs
Running on the spot with bum kicks - 30 Secs
Rest - 30 Secs

Walking - 5km - 290 Calories
Anyone who is interested in keeping up to date with my journey then just let me know and I will add you to the below tag list

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by Mixedraceguy
Oh I see its frustrating as I've been swimming
Today I took part on an Easter egg hunt at my local youth club it was pretty cool and there was an egg and spoon race too 😂 for years I like pasta, noodles and rice they're good carbs, do you eat wholewheat pasta? I normally have 110G of pasta so a bit similar to you though I have a lot of protein with my pasta are you gonna be sticking to 1570 as you increase the intensity of your workouts?

If you do struggle to breathe quite bad in swimming do make sure to take advantage of the shallows. Don't let others judge, it's a good part to practice breathing and stopping any sickness feelings :smile:
Oh awesome! Get any delicious treats for doing it? :P omg I haven't done an egg and spoon race in yearssss xD I remember last time we did it we had to paint our eggs before hand and had a proper race tournament haha
Me too I love all 3 and I do like potato but on a day to day basis I only really like it as mash. My mum makes very good different types of potato dishes though that I do love :coma:

Yeah my current favourite dish to make rn if I have time (gonna go make some now for lunch tomorrow) is just pasta with basic seasoning then taking in a can of tuna with either some veggies or spinach :cookie:
Gonna go shopping for some chicken tomorrow though so can do some grilled chicken on the weekend.

Hmm not sure tbh. Ofc as I workout more and it contributes to calorie loss then maybe increase but once I start to do weights and get some muscle back that will give some gains.

Defo wont be on 1570 forever though will go back to neutral calories once I get to a comfortable weight plus muscle ratio plus then nutrition once there.
Sorry to hear about the data mess hope it goes well

:woo: keep it up the food looks delicious 😋:lol:
Reply 90
Day 18, 18th April 2019
Evening peeps :smile: Easter weekend is here and therefore 4 day break wooooo! :woo:

Daily Life
I'm so glad today is over. I've just been too overwhelmed at work atm and even with the praise I get I am just like no just let this all stop xD So many things went wrong today not even to do with our team but me and my colleague had to fix and the one thing I did want to get done just kept failing for reasons that shouldnt be there but our colleague who is away just never made any proper documentation. But, with the help from others we managed to all resolve it and I was the last one to leave the department today at 6:30 :cry2:

Tomorrow should be a good start to the easter weekend though! :smile: Gotta get a bunch of house work and cleanup done first and then I was planning to get a 5 month overdue haircut but forgot they are shut on easter holidays :facepalm:So instead I am still going into the City to do some shopping plus pokemon go and even meeting up with a friend who is over here from South Africa to see her LDR partner :smile: (Gonna get me some Chatot and Tropius! @CheeseIsVeg :colone: ...did you need them for your collection because I will try getting extras :rolleyes:)
Food

Breakfast
I am failing at brekky atm but I half blame work because of how all over the place it is rn :s-smilie:

Lunch
Wholemeal Baguette with egg and salad - 275 Calories
IMG_20190418_135905.jpg

Dinner
Salmon with Rice and Veg mix - 338 Calories
IMG_20190418_195024.jpg

Snacks
Cadbury Hollow Chocolate Egg - 130 Calories (Project manager left it on each of our desks as a little gift before easter :redface:)
Rich Tea Biscuit - 38 Calories
2 Slices of Toast with Jam - 202 Calories
Peach Live Yoghurt - 60 Calories
Caramel Latte - 69 Calories

Water - 1.5 Litres
Americano -1 Cup
Pepsi Max - 2 Glasses

Total Calories: 1188 Quite below the Target but, I'm not feeling hungry so not sure :redface:
Workout

Glute Bridges - 25 Reps
Sumo Squats - 25 Reps
Kneeling Press Ups - 25 Reps
Mountain Climbers - 25 Reps

Walking - 2.5km - 148 Calories

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Sorry to hear about the data mess hope it goes well

:woo: keep it up the food looks delicious 😋:lol:

Thanks :redface: has just been crazy at work recently. Hopefully will be better after Easter Holidays finish :smile:

Food is always delicious! :cookie:
You are doing so well :thumbsup:

:adore:
Important question, how many packs of peas have you gone through? :biggrin:

Ramadan is in 16 days! Intense cardio will be difficult to do during the fast but I'm sure you'll be able to fit it in after iftar and before suhoor. Perhaps revise your plan with your PT and make adjustments for the month.

Also add me to the tag list please :smile:
Original post by Kraggor
If you do struggle to breathe quite bad in swimming do make sure to take advantage of the shallows. Don't let others judge, it's a good part to practice breathing and stopping any sickness feelings :smile:
Oh awesome! Get any delicious treats for doing it? :P omg I haven't done an egg and spoon race in yearssss xD I remember last time we did it we had to paint our eggs before hand and had a proper race tournament haha
Me too I love all 3 and I do like potato but on a day to day basis I only really like it as mash. My mum makes very good different types of potato dishes though that I do love :coma:

Yeah my current favourite dish to make rn if I have time (gonna go make some now for lunch tomorrow) is just pasta with basic seasoning then taking in a can of tuna with either some veggies or spinach :cookie:
Gonna go shopping for some chicken tomorrow though so can do some grilled chicken on the weekend.

Hmm not sure tbh. Ofc as I workout more and it contributes to calorie loss then maybe increase but once I start to do weights and get some muscle back that will give some gains.

Defo wont be on 1570 forever though will go back to neutral calories once I get to a comfortable weight plus muscle ratio plus then nutrition once there.

Yeah I won some mini eggs, creme eggs and I won an Easter egg for winning an egg and spoon race and I thanked God for my success and I gave some sweets to my little half sister eah you might want to increase calories once you start blasting the weights hard f
Original post by Kraggor
Thanks :redface: has just been crazy at work recently. Hopefully will be better after Easter Holidays finish :smile:

Food is always delicious! :cookie:

I hope so :hugs:
Keep it up :rave:
Reply 96
Day 19, 19th April 2019
Hiya everyone :smile: Hope everyone's good friday has been...good :tongue:

Daily Life
I was planning to get up early today to get chores done but I really needed the rest as this week as been so busy plus I haven't got that much sleep. So eventually woke up late morning and got confirmed from my friend from South Africa (Currently visiting her long distance boyfriend) that we would be meeting up in the city today to one get to actually see her in person but also to trade some awesome regional pokemon (pokemon go nerd stuff xD).

But, firstly today I wanted to clear out our garage which is long overdue because it has all the boxes we have in from moving back in October plus a bunch of delivery boxes. My lovely neighbours were also clearing out their's today too so didn't feel so lonely :smile:
I pretty much skipped food for this but then headed into Exeter to meet up with my South African friend and her boyfriend, surprisingly when I got there I was shocked to see that her boyfriend was actually someone who works in my building and we are good friends and play online sometimes and have worked on a previous project :laugh: and it was even more funny because I already knew tons about her because of previous convos but I just didn't realise from our discord chat that it was her! :eek:

So apart from that I went off to go grab some maccies and then meet up with my girlfriend after her work to go for a walk plus getting cold treats. (Today in Exeter it was between 22-24c at all times and no wind pretty much it felt soooo hot but it was super lovely). Ended up just getting some food shopping in for the weekend and headed on home before it all melted :biggrin:

Food

Breakfast
Non existent once again :frown:

Lunch
Mcdonalds Cheeseburger - 300 Calories
Mini Cadburies Mcflurry - 146 Calories
Chicken Nuggets 6 Pieces - 280 Calories

Dinner
2 Slices of Toast - 126 Calories
Prawns - 60 Calories
Tuna - 126 Calories
Mac n Cheese - 174 Calories

Snacks
Mcdonalds Berry Blast Iced Smoothie - 120 Calories
Strawberries - 58 Calories

Water - 2Litres
Pepsi Max - 250ml
Coffee - 1 Cup

Total Calories: 1390 Target Achieved :u:
Workout

REST DAY!

Walking - 6km - 389 Calories Burned

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by batter mix
You are doing so well :thumbsup:

:adore:

Aww thanksss :colondollar: I think I am at least making some progress :tongue:
Original post by Dunya
Important question, how many packs of peas have you gone through? :biggrin:

Ramadan is in 16 days! Intense cardio will be difficult to do during the fast but I'm sure you'll be able to fit it in after iftar and before suhoor. Perhaps revise your plan with your PT and make adjustments for the month.

Also add me to the tag list please :smile:

Haha I'm not sure tbh xD Not as many as you think probably! But, broccoli and peas are our staple. Just easy to do :biggrin:

Yes it is! I think it is going to be difficult overall. I have never fasted and combining that with workouts and what not might be too much but I will see how it goes :redface: If you don't mind could you explain iftar and suhoor? It might be that I am not use to the terminology yet :s-smilie: I assuming though you mean the meals after dusk and before dawn?

Don't worry my PT is on speed dial so I always go to her when I'm confused on what to do :tongue:

Ofc, added to tag list :smile:
Original post by Mixedraceguy
Yeah I won some mini eggs, creme eggs and I won an Easter egg for winning an egg and spoon race and I thanked God for my success and I gave some sweets to my little half sister eah you might want to increase calories once you start blasting the weights hard f

That is fantastic dude! I hope you get to enjoy those treats at some point :h: Aw that is sweet of you, I hope she enjoyed those :u:
Yes for sure, I think once I up my exercising and my weight starts coming down I can move up and will ask my PT what she thinks is best to adjust :smile:
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
I hope so :hugs:
Keep it up :rave:

Indeed...Thanks for all the motivation! :dumbells:
All u had that was nutritional was tuna and prawns :hmmm: also how dont you get hungry!?!?
Reply 99
Original post by TheYearNiner
All u had that was nutritional was tuna and prawns :hmmm: also how dont you get hungry!?!?

Haha yeah today wasn't great but gotta enjoy myself from time to time :biggrin: But, I think after some more progress working out wise I will be going to then focus on nutrition more (probably aiming for late may or after ramadan). Not sure, I do drink water whenever I can and otherwise I have periods of feeling reallllll hungry and some where I can go without food for hours (this was even before this new lifestyle)

Quick Reply

Latest