The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
IGCSE-wise, none: they aren't recognised by the government, so what's the point? From the school's point of view, at any rate, because they don't count towards the league tables. GCSE-wise, our lot take 12.
Reply 2
I'm taking like 9.5 I think
0.5 because my stupid R.E exam is only worth half a GCSE!
Reply 3
stacy_j91
I'm taking like 9.5 I think
0.5 because my stupid R.E exam is only worth half a GCSE!

every exam is important...my ma told me that :smile:
Reply 4
I think 13 altogether, including stats which I took in year ten.

That's what my school offers *shrug*
Reply 5
I do 10. At my school, you either take 12, 10 or 8, depending on how many as levels you do early. A few people are finishing off their RE gcse to get an extra half, and a couple of people are doing art, music out of school due to timetabling.
Reply 6
Reply 7
12.5 gcse, + 1 FSMQ (OCR) in maths (just below AS level standard maths qualification)
Reply 8
I take 10 subjects but I get 9 grades (double award science) :smile: Its impossible to do anymore at my school.
Reply 9
4 igcse 6 and a half gcses :smile:
chiquita
I take 10 subjects but I get 9 grades (double award science) :smile: Its impossible to do anymore at my school.

You do get two grades for science, you can easily get two different grades.
Reply 11
moody28028
You do get two grades for science, you can easily get two different grades.

Sorry but I'm confused. Perhaps you've misunderstood what I mean by double award science? I study all three sciences seperately and do three exams but then the score is averaged and I get a double grade e.g. AA, BB, CC, DD etc. It's good in that you study all three in a little less detail but then the negative is that if you're good at (for example) Biology and Physics and terrible at Chemistry, the Chemistry will drag your mark down.
Erm I have 3 from last year
and I'm doing 10.5 (Citz) this year
sooooooo 13.5 :eek: I never realised it was so many
but I prefer to forget my CC in performing arts from year 9 and 10
hahaha
Reply 13
12 and OCR FSMQ add maths
Reply 15
12 including the PE short course and core science exam I took in year ten
chiquita
Sorry but I'm confused. Perhaps you've misunderstood what I mean by double award science? I study all three sciences seperately and do three exams but then the score is averaged and I get a double grade e.g. AA, BB, CC, DD etc. It's good in that you study all three in a little less detail but then the negative is that if you're good at (for example) Biology and Physics and terrible at Chemistry, the Chemistry will drag your mark down.

Well, I do this with AQA and you can get two different grades, one for the Core set of exams and one for the additional.
They don't have to be the same, you could get an A for Core and a B for Additional.

But anyway, I get 10 GCSE grades and no IGCSE's. I didn't even know they existed until about last week!
Reply 17
Ah right I see then :smile: Obviously different. Ours is just an average of all three so the two grades have to be the same.
Thats like the old "double science" I thought it didn't exist anymore.
Anyway, I'm doing 10 GCSE's (including JS that I did in Year 10) and 1 IGCSE (maths)
Reply 19
15!!!!!!! :redface: :eek:

Latest