The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

BSc Cognitive Science Informatics

Hello,
Do you have any personal experience with the Cognitive Science Informatics course? I would especially like to know whether the inclusion of Psychology, Philosophy and Language subjects means that the students miss out on any subjects important for Informatics. I would also like to hear your opinion on Cognitive Science vs Artificial Intelligence as an undergraduate choice. And lastly, are there any graduate courses that are available with BSc in Informatics but not with one in Cognitive Science?
Original post by daviddaubner
Hello,
Do you have any personal experience with the Cognitive Science Informatics course? I would especially like to know whether the inclusion of Psychology, Philosophy and Language subjects means that the students miss out on any subjects important for Informatics. I would also like to hear your opinion on Cognitive Science vs Artificial Intelligence as an undergraduate choice. And lastly, are there any graduate courses that are available with BSc in Informatics but not with one in Cognitive Science?

Hi , did you end up taking this course im very curious about it and there’s little information ?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Hey, yes, I have just graduated from this degree a couple of months ago. Bellow I will paste a link to a doc where I answered several questions someone else had about the degree, but if you have any questions of your own feel free to contact me.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11BbTwZG3cAURipnCujyKkpXkb0LlLs92777pGXjgEbE/edit?usp=drivesdk
Hey, yes, I have just graduated from this degree a couple of months ago. Bellow I will paste a link to a doc where I answered several questions someone else had about the degree, but if you have any questions of your own feel free to contact me.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11BbTwZG3cAURipnCujyKkpXkb0LlLs92777pGXjgEbE/edit?usp=drivesdk

This is so helpful thank you , do you know how competitive the course is and the entry requirements , on the website there very broad and range from Aab To 3x a*s
Reply 4
Original post by trtrrteter643
This is so helpful thank you , do you know how competitive the course is and the entry requirements , on the website there very broad and range from Aab To 3x a*s

I got a conditional offer for AAA, I think thats the case for most people. But whether you get an offer or not depends mainly on your personal statement and reference.
I got a conditional offer for AAA, I think thats the case for most people. But whether you get an offer or not depends mainly on your personal statement and reference.

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending