The Student Room Group

What motivates you to revise?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
the fact i can put my grades in my sig when ive done motivates me.
I don't know. Revision just sort of happens. Like guilt because I have not done revision in a while. And also the prospect of failing.

Sometimes I even daydream that on results day I find out that I have failed everything and I am not going university this year. :eek2:
Reply 22
MaryMoo
Fear of failure

the biggest barrier to success is the fear of failure! :smile:
my girlfriend promising nakey stuff if i revise
Reply 24
hulohut
the fact i can put my grades in my sig when ive done motivates me.

exactly the same!
i can't wait to put really good grades in my sig
if that happens...
Cookies.
Reply 26
nothing, seriously - i'd rather be doing anything but revising! at the same time i need good grades so i kind of have to. but if i have bad exams, they really put me off.
The thought of having to resit if I dont do well.
Reply 28
Interesting thread here! Probably more than I've realised, my mom's internal disappointment if I don't get what I want is a great motivator.

It helps that I live in a dump and come from a third-world country. And I'm really excited about the course I'll be doing, grades permitting.

I too have had horrendous nightmares about getting ACD!.... [shudder]
Extreme pressure
i.e the night before haha
Reply 30
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
the fact that i need them to do the course i want at uni
A lot of things in my case:

-My parents paid a lot for my tuition, I don't want to let them down.
-If I fail then I will be 2 years behind my friends at university.
-If I don't revise and I know I have failed, the stress will stay with me all throughout the summer.
-If I fail then I find out while I AM AT FRICKING DISNEYLAND (oh how depressing...)
-Another year at home is depressing to the point where I would he happier doing a degree on David Beckham or McDonalds at some obscure university somewhere in Europe.
strawberry fields
nothing, i get distracted by things that are more appealing than revision.
then i cram onthe morning of the exam and hope for the best :biggrin:

haha. Sounds all too familiar.
Panic and high-pressure environment ie exam tomorrow I haven't looked at yet. Just thought through all the topics, realised there was a LOT.....
The thought that I can't just retake it next year unless I fail really badly!

I'm not much motivates the OP, since you're on here in the middle of your exams!

Btw, my exams haven't started yet, and I'm on a lunch break!
*sigh* back to work in a minute....
Reply 36
Reaper - Random... but you're going to Disneyland?! I'm so bleeping jealous! hehe. I've never been =[[

And I know what you mean about parents paying for tuition fees. My school currently costs more per year than a whole 3 year uni course would *cries* so if I fail, I'm going to feel like such a damn waste of time and money.
Reply 37
I wish I knew...
Reply 38
Ummm well that i have worked hard for 2 years....should I ruin all that work because I can no longer be bothered to work for another 2 weeks? I don't wanna fail, I'll hate to have to go to clearing.

Oh and my parents, I want them to see me get into uni!
Reply 39
The panic that I won't get the grades, and the knowledge that in 16 days time, there will be absolutely nothing I can do to change them!

AWZC - snap for Bristol Medic! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest