The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i do..?
Reply 2
Oooh, ME!!

I wanna do medicine fror entry 2004! May I ask y??
Reply 3
Yea same here..wanna do medicine for 2004! Anyone applied to London unis?
Reply 4
Yea

I've applied to 3 london Unis (GKT, ICMS, Barts). and Leeds....u know i'm still a bit confused about what this thread is actually about...help..with what??? Sheesh!!!

What about u, where have u applied?
Reply 5
i applied manchester, leeds, liverpool, kings.
Reply 6
With regards to medicine at university:

If it's not Imperial, then it's nothing.
Reply 7
are u at medical school mr white?
Reply 8
lollipop
are u at medical school mr white?

No. Will be next year, however. It's Imperial all the way.
Reply 9
what u mean? imperial isnt the only place esspecially for medicine. other places are juts as good. and if u think a place where males greatly outweight girls who are all science lot themselves then ok up to u.
Reply 10
Rysh
and if u think a place where males greatly outweight girls who are all science lot themselves then ok up to u.

Perhaps some of us would go to university to learn - not to pick up women.
Reply 11
lol, ok but if that ALL u wanna do. but still im right coz ur trying to say imperial is a top uni no question but for medicine, come on. oxford is generally considered top but if someone said 'oxford or nothing for medicine' then most people would think they were stupid. how can u even say imperial or nothing for medicine what makes it so much superior to UCL, kings or QM???
remmeber - medicine not engineeing in which cas eu may have a point.
Reply 12
are u deferred entry whitey? Or have u just applied so far?

There are many places to study medicine- GKT, Liverpool, Manch, ....cud go on and on. If imperial floats ur boat then cool. But just out of interest, what is it that u like about Imperial??

Not a dig at u, as I have applied to ICMS too!!!
Reply 13
lollipop
are u deferred entry whitey? Or have u just applied so far?

There are many places to study medicine- GKT, Liverpool, Manch, ....cud go on and on. If imperial floats ur boat then cool. But just out of interest, what is it that u like about Imperial??

Not a dig at u, as I have applied to ICMS too!!!

To be honest I don't know what's so great about Imperial. When I was in year 10 I picked up a prospectus from the school library and thought 'that's the place for me!'. It just stuck, I guess.

I haven't been accepted as of yet, but I think I will be (if not then there's plenty of other good med schools as you said).
Reply 14
i know what u mean actually. Ive applied to 3 london Unis for med. Me too, I picked one up at the beginning of Yr 10 aswell, something about it just leaped out to me. The whole atmosphere on the open day was cool too, nice and friendly and well organsed! The course structure is good too, their structure is similar to othe london Unis too...hence the 3 colleges!

Where else u applying?
Reply 15
lollipop
i know what u mean actually. Ive applied to 3 london Unis for med. Me too, I picked one up at the beginning of Yr 10 aswell, something about it just leaped out to me. The whole atmosphere on the open day was cool too, nice and friendly and well organsed! The course structure is good too, their structure is similar to othe london Unis too...hence the 3 colleges!

Where else u applying?

Imperial says that they won't accept you if you apply to more than 3 universites, but I don't see why I have to tell them. I've applied to more or less every medical school between here and the Shetlands.
Reply 16
where does it say that. In the prospectus it sez:

'Not have applied to more than four medical schools'.

Besides, they won't know where u have applied to, they can't see what ur top choice or whatever is anymore. This was put in place by UCAS in 2003. They wont even know if youve applied to do Greek Mythology or summin, theyll only know youve applied for a dif course if its at Imperial too.
Reply 17
I don't normally find that many people people who've applied to Imperial! For some reason the other London ones seem to be more popular but I had also set my heart on Imperial - so much so that after I got my offer in Nov 2001 I didn't give one about the other 3 :biggrin:.

Good luck everyone, wherever you apply :smile:.
Reply 18
lollipop
where does it say that. In the prospectus it sez:

'Not have applied to more than four medical schools'.

I'm just pulling this info out of my memory - forgive me if it's slightly innacurate.
Reply 19
Although the UCAS form that the unis get don't say where you applied, there's nothing stopping them from asking you at the interview where else you've applied and whether their school is your first choice. At my interview, the person before me was asked if Cambridge was his first choice.

Its best to be prepared at interview just in case they ask such questions :smile:.

Latest