The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, it's just Edexcel you can't talk about. :biggrin:

I thought it was relatively easy, i know i messed up Lloyd George's aims" probably got 2/4 but oh well and i didn't really understand one of the sources but apart from that it was ok :smile:
Reply 2
^ It was 4 marks though, so 2 aims would be ok if they were well explained, I think.

I think I messed up 1a about the cartoon, I had never seen it before, so just guessed it was about Manchuria. Also the last question 9c on Nazi control over young people because my arm was in a lot of pain probably only got half the marks. Otherwise it was ok I loved question three about the the treaty, my favourite one to answer :smile:.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=596223

heres the thread.

i thought it was ok, pretty straight forward
Reply 4
I thought it was a decent paper.

I did questions 1, 3, 7 and 8.

The last question on 8 was the hardest - about whether the Weimar Republic successfully dealt with the problems of Germany. I basically put yes: got through political violence, made Germany a trusted country again with locarno treaties etc. and No: failed to deal with the wall street crash, failed to deal with reparations initially as it caused invasion of the ruhr and hyperinflation - as well as not dealing fully with certain problems such as re-building Germany because the loans from the USA ended up making Germany largely affecting by the Wall Street Crash.
Reply 5
History spec A oooh yeah :P i swear nobody does that
Reply 6
tldr22
History spec A oooh yeah :P i swear nobody does that

I do or did i think :confused:
Reply 7
I didn't get that Social Democrat poster source question... i just rehashed the fact that it was for an election three times ... o dear. Apart from the that, I thought it was fine... the treaty of Versailles question was nice, as was question 9 about indoctrination and life in nazi germany :biggrin:
Reply 8
rachxl
I didn't get that Social Democrat poster source question... i just rehashed the fact that it was for an election three times ... o dear.

I just rambled on about being a warning to voters about how Nazism will be, not sure if that was right, I hope so...
Reply 9
rachxl
I didn't get that Social Democrat poster source question... i just rehashed the fact that it was for an election three times ... o dear. Apart from the that, I thought it was fine... the treaty of Versailles question was nice, as was question 9 about indoctrination and life in nazi germany :biggrin:

Same.. i didn't have a clue what it was about... if anyone could shed any light on it, i would be greatful!:biggrin:
I thought it was a blessing of a paper! I was on the verge of a panic attack yesterday because I felt I hadn't revised enough, so I work up at 4:45am today to continue revising, apart from my 2 minute re-cap of Abyssinia & Manchuria none of the stuff I revised came up lol! It was only the stuff that I already knew that came up, so I'm in a gooooood mood!

The social democrat poster was propoganda for the elections, they wanted to make the workers and poor people support them, so they pointed out how bad their life would be under nazi rule (I also mentioned stuff Hitler did when he got into power, e.g. banning trade unions to support the facts), also the social democrats want to help poor people, so they target them to try and stop them voting Nazi and by pointing out how awful their lives could be, it makes it seem like they care and so would get the votes of the workers...That's what I put that I can remember (shortened of course lol)
I did 1, 3, 7, 9 (USA)

What did people put for Lloyd George's aims?
I thought internationa relations bit was really easy. The USA depth study was slightly harder. The source B about Bonus Marches I only got after lots of studying and I guess many people didn't get what the bonus marches were

1 (manchuria source), 4 (causes of WWII), 7 (sources), 8 (economic boom in 20's)
Reply 13
AnythingButChardonnay
I did 1, 3, 7, 9 (USA)

I said he wanted naval supremecy, wanted germany to lose their colonies, wanted to ensure that germany would still be able to trade with britain and to make sure that germany was not too crippled to prevent them from seeking revenge.
AnythingButChardonnay
I did 1, 3, 7, 9 (USA)

Um i really don't remember but i did put that he wanted germany to be punished but not as harshly as France but was more intrested in keeping trading with Germany high as they were a large part of the trading thing... lol :confused:
Reply 15
AnythingButChardonnay

I put he was being pressured by the British public to punish Germany harshly, because the public had experienced much hardship and death during the war. I also put that he wanted to trade with Germany again, so the treaty couldn't be too harsh so that Germany's economy couldn't recover.
Jessikar
Um i really don't remember but i did put that he wanted germany to be punished but not as harshly as France but was more intrested in keeping trading with Germany high as they were a large part of the trading thing... lol :confused:

Yeah I put that too.. Also said he was in the middle, wilsons aims were too idealistic, clemenceaus too harsh. What did you put for clemenceaus aims because I thought that was a bit of a messed up question too :|
Oldspeak
I said he wanted naval supremecy, wanted germany to lose their colonies, wanted to ensure that germany would still be able to trade with britain and to make sure that germany was not too crippled to prevent them from seeking revenge.

That's exactly what I put! (+ what's said below, about the public wanting revenge lol) :biggrin:
Reply 18
Oldspeak

that's basically what i put, minus the colonies bit, and plus the fact that he had to seek some from of revenge on germany as it is what the public wanted.
Reply 19
It wasn't too bad apart from '1b'. I totally blanked on that. Wrote some crap about why the league failed to deal with the abyssinian crisis.
What did people put for that?

Latest