The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
CharleeB
so it doesnt make u a tiny bit happy not to have a red gem next to your name any more? :smile:

it honestly doesnt. as i said, it doesnt really matter to me what colour gem someone has. you read the thread and the posts in it and discuss with people the issues in that thread.

i dont respect those with 8 green gems more than someone with 1, or those with 2 red ones.

it doesnt make them nicer people or more intelligent or make them have larger genitals...

this is the only forum i use that has the reputation scheme and its also the most vicious forum with people being cut down left right and centre for saying anything. too many people get easily annoyed and offended and head straight for the reputation box. those with red gems seem to become scapegoats and get picked on. its very sad.
Reply 21
its true, when i saw your red gems it made me think that you were a bit dodgy..... i was clearly wrong of course :tongue:
Reply 22
CharleeB
its true, when i saw your red gems it made me think that you were a bit dodgy..... i was clearly wrong of course :tongue:

i might be dodgy, i might not. no one on this forum knows me really, so its hard to judge.

this thread for example. someone has neg repped me and taken 30 points off me. and for what? shows a bit of a flaw in the system.

as i said, its fine by me as i couldnt really care, but a lot of people (and you admitted it to an extent with the "dodgy" bit) are influenced by the gems and not by the actual posts of the person. for people in the red who do care, it puts them down badly.

if someone spams, or comes in proclaiming hitler as the greatest man to ever live, then perhaps its justified. often someone is expressing an opinion and it gets jumped on. this i disagree with.

if the name of the person giving the rep was attached by the forum software it would be more beneficial
Reply 23
wiwarin_mir
I have been frequently neg repped, but I do not really care.

No you don't mate, because you have about 12 green gems. I'm one neg rep away from red gemhood!

People should always sign their neg rep.

I wasted my rep today on someone who hasn't posted since July, on a year old thread. I'm not wonderfully happy with myself...
Reply 24
technik
i might be dodgy, i might not. no one on this forum knows me really, so its hard to judge.

this thread for example. someone has neg repped me and taken 30 points off me. and for what? shows a bit of a flaw in the system.

as i said, its fine by me as i couldnt really care, but a lot of people (and you admitted it to an extent with the "dodgy" bit) are influenced by the gems and not by the actual posts of the person. for people in the red who do care, it puts them down badly.

if someone spams, or comes in proclaiming hitler as the greatest man to ever live, then perhaps its justified. often someone is expressing an opinion and it gets jumped on. this i disagree with.

if the name of the person giving the rep was attached by the forum software it would be more beneficial

its true. the first time some1 neg repped me i did get quite upset, but then i remembered its just a website. :biggrin:
Reply 25
Pencil Queen
*checks sig*

nope no buddies there.....:tongue:

Your one of the people with lots of rep I would class as quite boring though.....
Reply 26
Dr_Death
No you don't mate, because you have about 12 green gems. I'm one neg rep away from red gemhood!

People should always sign their neg rep.

I wasted my rep today on someone who hasn't posted since July, on a year old thread. I'm not wonderfully happy with myself...

OK, can anyone tell me why I should get neg rep for this post? :confused:
Dr_Death
OK, can anyone tell me why I should get neg rep for this post? :confused:

Probably because some vindictive sob wanted sme satifaction from making someone go into red. No good reason.
Reply 28
Dr_Death

no worries, i dont think you've posted enough to give out any points.
Reply 29
i got neg rep for the first time ever about a week ago.....i was kinda upset (since i've gone well over a year without having any), but then i got some more a couple days later (or at least i think it was, cos it was grey), so i didn't really care anymore :smile:
Reply 30
mockel
i got neg rep for the first time ever about a week ago.....i was kinda upset (since i've gone well over a year without having any), but then i got some more a couple days later (or at least i think it was, cos it was grey), so i didn't really care anymore :smile:

I got my first ever neg rep last week as well :frown:
Reply 31
Zapsta
I got my first ever neg rep last week as well :frown:

wow :frown:
and you got some more yesterday! :eek:

mine didn't really matter anyway, cos it was only 2 points lost, and the other was a grey
Reply 32
mockel
wow :frown:
and you got some more yesterday! :eek:

mine didn't really matter anyway, cos it was only 2 points lost, and the other was a grey

The comment was so hurtful though :frown:
Reply 33
I've got neg rep twice - once for insulting someones taste in music and the second one for finding a non-pc joke funny. :confused:
Rep shouldn't be taken too seriously. Though I have to admit when someone tried giving me some it made me smile and feel better about the post it was for. (At the time I did need cheering up, hormones, god I wish I was a man) I say tried as all I got was a little grey gem. :biggrin: Thanks whoever you were. :tongue:
Reply 35
Zapsta

i didn't have any comment :rolleyes:
Reply 36
i have got neg rep once...that was for agreeing with someone on congestion charges...
otherwise i have been quite lucky :smile:
Reply 37
Zapsta

Which post was that for? O cheerful one :wink:
Dr_Death
Which post was that for? O cheerful one :wink:

It was for replying "No" to someone saying "Can anyone give me a reason to live?" (or something along those lines)
Sorry Zapsta but I thought that was irresponsible. As I said, you don't know if they are actually being truthful.
Reply 39
Golden Maverick
It was for replying "No" to someone saying "Can anyone give me a reason to live?" (or something along those lines)
Sorry Zapsta but I thought that was irresponsible. As I said, you don't know if they are actually being truthful.

I know whether I can give them a reason or not though. It's kind of tough when the person gives away absolutely nothing about their life.

Latest

Trending

Trending