The Student Room Group

English GCSE

I watch video from Mr Bruff, Mr Salles and My everything English. They have done many model answers and explained their own evaluations to quotes and ect..
Will I get marked as plagiarism if I write about the exact quote and definition that they have given?
Reply 1
Original post by ItzKaciIly
I watch video from Mr Bruff, Mr Salles and My everything English. They have done many model answers and explained their own evaluations to quotes and ect..
Will I get marked as plagiarism if I write about the exact quote and definition that they have given?

If you’re memorising essays / points, then possibly yes (they don’t really care much about it at GCSE level but still). If you know the basic points and reword it in your own style, then probably no. If you reword the basic points and add more information to that, then no (and this would get you more marks.) If you’re memorising the STYLE, however, this would be much more helpful, as you can apply it to any question and you can get much higher grades.
Original post by ItzKaciIly

I wouldn't recommend writing in the exact format, change and switch up the words a bit (this is also an opportunity to use better vocabulary too)

Quick Reply

Latest