The Student Room Group

NI number

Ok, I recently went job hunting and recieved a few application forms.
Now my problem is that they ask for my NI number and i currently do not have one...however I have spoke to national insurance and they said they sent it on the 17th of may. Does anybody know when I should
roughly be recieving it as some of the shops are recruiting now and I
do not want to miss out.

Oh yeah I am in year 11, 15 and just finished my GCSE's
Reply 1
Sent on 17th May, should have arrived. Not got an NI numbercard lying around? They're red and blue.

Perhaps you accidentally threw it away?
I thought you get one when you turn 16?
Reply 3
You should definitely have one. Maybe you mistook it for junk mail and threw it out...
Reply 4
u r supposed to get it 2 weeks before ur 16th birthday or something.I have mine and I turned 16 in April.....................
I was always told you get it a few months before 16th birthday... hmmm

I hope mine arrives soon!!! Otherwise I have to call them up and try and get it sent earlier.. otherwise I can't get a job.. It sucks being born in August
Reply 6
moneyballs2
I was always told you get it a few months before 16th birthday... hmmm

I hope mine arrives soon!!! Otherwise I have to call them up and try and get it sent earlier.. otherwise I can't get a job.. It sucks being born in August

I know the feeling
maybe they sent it to the wrong address. they sent mine origionally to an address where i lived up until the age of one :s-smilie: you should ring them up and ask where they sent it.
Reply 8
i got mine 12weeks before my 16th birthday, it arrived the day after my y10 RE gcse results day....that day i felt like a man! hahah jokes
I never got my NI number or card. I phoned HMRC and they sent me a confirmation of my NI number on a letter (but not a 'replacement' card, which you can only get one of in your life time).
Reply 10
SpiritedAway
maybe they sent it to the wrong address. they sent mine origionally to an address where i lived up until the age of one :s-smilie: you should ring them up and ask where they sent it.

I think they might have sent it to my old address. Lucky we still own the place lol. I'll probably check over the weekend.

Thanks for the help Everyone

Latest

Trending

Trending