The Student Room Group
Reply 1
J Orrelle
Hi, my name is Jonathan and I wnted to know what are the best Medicine schools in the UK concidering I'm an overseas student.
Taking in account that the UCAS deadline for applying is October 15th and one can only put 4 universities/colleges on the form I need to choose very carefuly.
Thanks

Choose what sort of course you like, in the locations you like, with a spread of grades. If you haven't done any research whatsoever into any med schools, at a places where you're going willing to live for 5-6 years, then frankly you are foolish to have left it so late.
Reply 2
U should consider med schools in these terms:

1) How do u like to be taught? Lots of independent learning, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow. Or at the other end of the scale, traditional course where to course is split clearly into pre-clinical and clinical, where the former consists of lectures and very few hospital visits.

2) Location- Do u want to be in a city? Do u want to be based in a campus?

3)Grades, check the entry requirements and that u meet them.

4)Do u want to do an intercalated BSc?

and yes, u really do need to do some serious prospectus reading. U have less that 2 weeks left
Reply 3
Argh. Its annoys me a bit when people ask which is the best school...

There really is no best school!! Some people think manchester is the best, whilst others will swear Birmingham is!!! Its a matter of opinion. Others may say cambridge...and others not.

Please do some research and flick thru a few prospectuses and look on the net.

Its virtually impossible to tell u which is the medical school. Bare in mind they are all good, since they all have to follow the Tomorrows Dr Guidelines. At the end of the day, they are still producing Doctors!!!

Latest