The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1
I got one too (for classics). They told me that it was because I was a post-A-level candidate, and they were only going to give out a limited number of unconditional offers. It is a tad annoying.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
hazzie1
Did anyone else get a very annoying letter from Bristol saying that they're not going to decide on you possibly till February? I'm just wondering if it was just me and also, does it mean they don't want me because some people have offers so their excuse about not giving offers because they have to wait until after January is nonsense?

Are you doing English by any chance? I got the same letter last year when I applied, and so did every other applicant. It definitely doesn't mean they don't want you, as I then got a fantastic surprise and received an offer in December! It's just because they get so many applicants (around 2,000 for 65 places) they don't tend to make the majority of offers until after the January deadline - they're a relatively small department here and aren't really able to deal with every application before this, and they really do make their offers carefully :smile: Don't worry about it at all! Good luck with getting an offer :smile:
Reply 3
slowjamz
Are you doing English by any chance? I got the same letter last year when I applied, and so did every other applicant. It definitely doesn't mean they don't want you, as I then got a fantastic surprise and received an offer in December! It's just because they get so many applicants (around 2,000 for 65 places) they don't tend to make the majority of offers until after the January deadline - they're a relatively small department here and aren't really able to deal with every application before this, and they really do make their offers carefully :smile: Don't worry about it at all! Good luck with getting an offer :smile:

thankyou. yes it is English and I really want to go so I was v annoyed to get the letter. But thanks, I'm glad you think that.
Reply 4
hazzie1
thankyou. yes it is English and I really want to go so I was v annoyed to get the letter. But thanks, I'm glad you think that.

They did the same for History last year!
Did they do it for Law by any chance?
Probably knowing our luck! Hope i dont have a letter from Bristol when i get home!
Reply 7
I applied for civ eng, i got an e-mail saying they got my form, but no letter.
Reply 8
mullally87
I applied for civ eng, i got an e-mail saying they got my form, but no letter.

Civ Eng at Bristol eh? Who'd want to do that? :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 9
Applying for maths at bristol.....
Recieved a letter this yesterday, it said, 'We intend to make you a conditional offer....' they're inviting me to an openday and informal interview... i think if it goes well they're going to offer me a conditional offer..... yay!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending