The Student Room Group

HNC childhood practice - what’s next? Study abroad?

Hi so I just completed my HNC childhood practice at a Scotland college.

Although I’ve secured a full time job I’m still looking to see what’s next? I’d really like to spend some time in the USA- I don’t want to be a live in au pair?

What about studying in the USA? Is there any progression routes I could do in a US college/UNI?

If so Any advice on scholarships and how it would all work because here in Scotland all out education is free to a certain level but I know this is not the case abroad?

Or would I be best looking for a nursery job over there? But then it’s a Scottish qualification I hold and don’t think it’s transferable..
Original post by Shannonfxox
Hi so I just completed my HNC childhood practice at a Scotland college.

Although I’ve secured a full time job I’m still looking to see what’s next? I’d really like to spend some time in the USA- I don’t want to be a live in au pair?

What about studying in the USA? Is there any progression routes I could do in a US college/UNI?

If so Any advice on scholarships and how it would all work because here in Scotland all out education is free to a certain level but I know this is not the case abroad?

Or would I be best looking for a nursery job over there? But then it’s a Scottish qualification I hold and don’t think it’s transferable..

You mention studying abroad but don't mention what you actually want to study or achieve in terms of career plans. It's hard for anyone to advise without knowing what you are aiming for.

To work in the US, you would need sponsorship for a visa which can be incredibly difficult to obtain. Studying, as you mention, can be incredibly expensive and unless you are wanting to live there permanently, your qualification may not be as useful as one you could get in Scotland.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending