The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Reapplying to St Andrews/Transfer

Original post by Radeal
Hi guys, so I'm a student from the US whose dream school is St Andrews. unfortunately (and entirely my fault) I got rejected to my first 4 UCAS choices which are for St Andrews and all Computer Science courses (with a joint honours in Mgmt/MgmtSci/Econ) because the courses were all filled up. however I did get an unconditional from University of Glasgow for CompSci/Business&Mgmt and I think I'd like to do my first year there. St Andrews is a more fitting choice though and I prefer their course/teaching environment (especially being in a smaller & close-knit city).

Can I reapply to St Andrews after my first year at Glasgow? Will I have to transfer into 2nd year or apply from the start of the course? Does it hurt my chances if I'm applying as an international from another UK university? I want to apply for the same courses- can I use that same (updated for the year at UofG) personal statement?
Thank you guys so much and I appreciate any advice you can give me!

you can reapply but transfers are quite strict so you might end up in 1st year, you could use the same ps.

Reapplying to St Andrews/Transfer

Original post by Radeal
Hi guys, so I'm a student from the US whose dream school is St Andrews. unfortunately (and entirely my fault) I got rejected to my first 4 UCAS choices which are for St Andrews and all Computer Science courses (with a joint honours in Mgmt/MgmtSci/Econ) because the courses were all filled up. however I did get an unconditional from University of Glasgow for CompSci/Business&Mgmt and I think I'd like to do my first year there. St Andrews is a more fitting choice though and I prefer their course/teaching environment (especially being in a smaller & close-knit city).

Can I reapply to St Andrews after my first year at Glasgow? Will I have to transfer into 2nd year or apply from the start of the course? Does it hurt my chances if I'm applying as an international from another UK university? I want to apply for the same courses- can I use that same (updated for the year at UofG) personal statement?
Thank you guys so much and I appreciate any advice you can give me!

you can reapply but transfers are quite strict so you might end up in 1st year, you could use the same ps.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Hello!! I plan on transferring to St Andrews in 2020 too, as I didn't apply because I didn't see myself able to reach the entry requirements.
Here's the transfers page for anyone considering a transfer application https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/apply/ug/transfer/
Can't see the original poster, but here's my thoughts on it.
Original post by claireestelle

Or you can enter directly into second year (direct entry). One of my friends who entered directly into second year had 'transferred' from a different UK university. By 'transferred', he reapplied under the normal route (or so he told me), got an offer for first year, and then requested direct entry (which he got).

However, for Computer Science, the only joint-honours subject where direct entry is possible is Mathematics, so I guess you will have to go the transfer route for your case (which I am not familiar with).
Original post by Leaderboard
Can't see the original poster, but here's my thoughts on it.

Or you can enter directly into second year (direct entry). One of my friends who entered directly into second year had 'transferred' from a different UK university. By 'transferred', he reapplied under the normal route (or so he told me), got an offer for first year, and then requested direct entry (which he got).

However, for Computer Science, the only joint-honours subject where direct entry is possible is Mathematics, so I guess you will have to go the transfer route for your case (which I am not familiar with).

What university did he transfer from

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending