The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ciaranfleck
Yawn.. early morning grammar lectures at 9am killed my love of it.. especially when we went through sentence construction for about 5 weeks :smile:

but German is a great choice for a language. And come on.. it sounds great :smile: I dont know why everyone says French sounds better.. I don't think it does :smile:

This makes me sad:sad:

Heh, I find French sounds better just for the way the language flows whereas you don't get that with German; it's a very gutteral language, which isn't attractive at all:p:
Gooner
This makes me sad:sad:

Heh, I find French sounds better just for the way the language flows whereas you don't get that with German; it's a very gutteral language, which isn't attractive at all:p:

i think that due to it being gutteral.. it becomes even sexier :wink: BUT clearly that's just me :smile:
Reply 42
ciaranfleck
i think that due to it being gutteral.. it becomes even sexier :wink: BUT clearly that's just me :smile:

:p:Each to their own 'n' all that:^_^: I know of a few people who prefer German though, and there was a time when I preferred German (including the pronunciation etc) so I can see where you're coming from:smile:
I remember when I first learnt German it sounded broken, gutteral and hard.

But as you get better - more fluent - I think it can sound really nice, in fact I think for English speakers, listening and understanding German is easier than listening to French.

Saying that, French has always been my favourite over German - it's so flowing and romantic!
all depends on the accent as well, some are softer and lighter than others.
I don't get the 'French is sexy' thing. It's a nice sounding language, and I love to speak it, but I honestly think German is a gorgeous sounding language. :love:

I dunno, I just seem to be in love with German. I should probably stop posting on here and go and felate it or something :s-smilie:
jonnythemoose
I dunno, I just seem to be in love with German. I should probably stop posting on here and go and felate it or something :s-smilie:

lol :biggrin:
jonnythemoose
I don't get the 'French is sexy' thing. It's a nice sounding language, and I love to speak it, but I honestly think German is a gorgeous sounding language. :love:

Agreeing whole heartedly :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending