The Student Room Group

Functional skills

I did my functional skills level 2 maths exam last night. I don't get my results for 4-6 weeks. I know I definitely messed up two questions, maybe four. What happens if fail as I have a place on an Access Course starting in September, do I have to do the course next year instead?
(edited 4 years ago)
The maths will be a condition for you starting, so if you fail theres a chance you won't be allowed on the access course.
However, as its only functional skills, they may allow you on with the condition you re-sit it and pass. It's entirely down to the college.
My college required an English GCSE to start, and I only had functional skills, but they let me on due to my essay writing skills. So all depends on the college 🤷🏻*♂️
Reply 2
I think I can retake the exam in October if I need to. So I might have to wait another year?
Original post by jamiejay
The maths will be a condition for you starting, so if you fail theres a chance you won't be allowed on the access course.
However, as its only functional skills, they may allow you on with the condition you re-sit it and pass. It's entirely down to the college.
My college required an English GCSE to start, and I only had functional skills, but they let me on due to my essay writing skills. So all depends on the college 🤷🏻*♂️
Original post by Aliclg74
I think I can retake the exam in October if I need to. So I might have to wait another year?

No, waiting a whole year to re-take a functional skills is dumb. Colleges know this. So they might let you on with the condition you re-take it whilst studying your access course. Again, it's up to the college. You're best off waiting for the result and then asking them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending