The Student Room Group

Anyone done / doing Plymouth uni Dental Hygiene & Therapy degree

I’m 20 years old and I am currently a dental nurse but I’m interested in applying to Plymouth university to do the dental Hygiene and therapy degree. I wanted to know what is it like? How many days a week are you at uni and do you get a choice in your placements as I’ve seen it’s Plymouth, Cornwall or Exeter. My only worry is I live close to Exeter and have a mortgage so driving to Cornwall everyday is going to cost me a fortune do you know if you get help with travelling costs? Any other tips for the course as well??

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Are you applying with or without a foundation year? Only being nosy as im looking at the same course and uni :smile: x
Reply 2
Ideally without foundation year! I’m doing an access HE course! Looking at applying for sep 2020 x

Original post by katieb1999
Are you applying with or without a foundation year? Only being nosy as im looking at the same course and uni :smile: x
I’m in the same boat! I’m thinking I’m gonna apply to both with and without the foundation year!
Although I emailed them recently and their admissions department told me they don’t even take into account personal statements which is worrying me slightly.
Also do you guys have any idea about the interview process? Like if they’ll give us practicals and maths entrance tests etc?
I’ve also applied for both the foundation and normal :smile: I’m currently a dental nurse, living in Plymouth! It’s a shame they don’t look at personal statements I worked so hard on mine hahaha. Have you heard anything back from them?
Original post by kieraliane
I’ve also applied for both the foundation and normal :smile: I’m currently a dental nurse, living in Plymouth! It’s a shame they don’t look at personal statements I worked so hard on mine hahaha. Have you heard anything back from them?

No I haven’t heard back either! ;( x

I know! Me too!
Nope not heard anything yet 😩 I’m hoping we’ll hear something back this month!
Well at least none of us have, I suppose that’s better! Fingers crossed we hear soon. Do you both live in Plymouth? :smile:
Well at least none of us have, I suppose that’s better! Fingers crossed we hear soon. Do you both live in Plymouth? :smile:

No I don’t but it’s such a nice place! I’d be happy to live there 😂
Original post by L4ur41996
No I don’t but it’s such a nice place! I’d be happy to live there 😂

Yeah it is nice here, I live here and it’s my first choice! 😂 I know how hard it is to get in though 😩
Defo, DHDT is hard to get into anywhere! 😩
Yeah it is nice here, I live here and it’s my first choice! 😂 I know how hard it is to get in though 😩
Hey Guys I had applied for the dental hygiene and therapy with foundation course and recently got a date for the interview.. any ideas on what the questions are?
Reply 12
Original post by Honeylenoy
Hey Guys I had applied for the dental hygiene and therapy with foundation course and recently got a date for the interview.. any ideas on what the questions are?

I have received my skype interview date?
Reply 13
Hey i'm a 1st year DTH at plym :smile:
The course is 5 days a week, with wednesdays being your quiet day until mach when it turns into your clinic day
All DTH clinics are in Plymouth, only BDS that go to exeter/truro
Hope i can help with any other Qs as well x
Original post by Jlntl98
I have received my skype interview date?

Check your junk mail! Mine kept going in there!
Reply 15
Check your junk mail! Mine kept going in there!

Yes i have gotten an interview date it is tomorrow ! Super nervous but excited
Original post by Jlntl98
Yes i have gotten an interview date it is tomorrow ! Super nervous but excited

Hi! I’ve applied for dental hyg and therapy with integrated foundation year at Plymouth too! I had my Skype interview 2 weeks ago today! Has anyone heard anything??? Good luck everyone, praying I get in😰x
Original post by Alixredman
Hi! I’ve applied for dental hyg and therapy with integrated foundation year at Plymouth too! I had my Skype interview 2 weeks ago today! Has anyone heard anything??? Good luck everyone, praying I get in😰x

They said hopefully we’d know by early May 👀 x
They said hopefully we’d know by early May 👀 x

do you know how many they interviewed?? I asked the woman before my interview and she said she thinks it was around 80 xx
do you know how many they interviewed?? I asked the woman before my interview and she said she thinks it was around 80 xx

Oh god! That’s a lot to whittle down to 10!! Anticipation is killing me😩x

Quick Reply

Latest