The Student Room Group

Dental Hygiene and Therapy degree - entry requirements

Hey,
I am in my late 20s working in full time employment. I already have a degree but I looking for a career change and I am interested in doing the Dental Hygiene and Therapy degree.
I have three A levels but not one in Biology which seems to be a key requirement for all the universities running the course. I know a lot of people do an Access to HE course as an alternative which I am exploring but I saw that Liverpool University have said 'We do not accept online or distance learning Access courses' but I would need to do the course online so I could also balance working my full time job.
Has anyone been in a similar situation to me and got on to the Dental Hygiene course? In particular if you did the Access to HE course, which one did you do and did you do it online? If so, was that an issue?
Any info would be greatly appreciated
I know some unis are okay with online access courses while some aren’t. It is best to compile all of the university admissions emails and ask them so you get a straightforward answer. Some universities, such as Plymouth offer a foundation course where it sounds like you may be eligible to apply to based on what you’ve said.
Reply 2
Original post by heyy928288282
I know some unis are okay with online access courses while some aren’t. It is best to compile all of the university admissions emails and ask them so you get a straightforward answer. Some universities, such as Plymouth offer a foundation course where it sounds like you may be eligible to apply to based on what you’ve said.

Thanks! I've been sending emails out so hopefully get some clarifications soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest