The Student Room Group

biology olympiad for medicine ps

i did the british biology olympiad earlier this year (our school made everyone doing bio participate randomly?? so no one was prepared) and i got a bronze, is this worth mentioning in my medicine personal statement (will be applying to oxford + ucl)? i'm not really sure if this is an achievement or not because i've never even heard of the BBO before, but i came across a personal statement for oxbridge where someone said they got a 'highly commended' in it, so maybe it should be mentioned? i know it will be mentioned in my ucas reference by my teachers so should i include it in my ps too? thanks for your help!
Reply 1
:adore:
Original post by slimthicc
i did the british biology olympiad earlier this year (our school made everyone doing bio participate randomly?? so no one was prepared) and i got a bronze, is this worth mentioning in my medicine personal statement (will be applying to oxford + ucl)? i'm not really sure if this is an achievement or not because i've never even heard of the BBO before, but i came across a personal statement for oxbridge where someone said they got a 'highly commended' in it, so maybe it should be mentioned? i know it will be mentioned in my ucas reference by my teachers so should i include it in my ps too? thanks for your help!

Hi I’m in the exact situation as you with getting a bronze in the Olympiad and applying to medicine to Oxbridge and UCL did you end up mentioning it in the end and if you don’t mind me asking did you get into Oxford and UCL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending