The Student Room Group

Can i write more than 1 personal statement if I'm applying to different courses

Hey, I am applying to 2 different courses and i wanted to know if i can write 2 PS.
Some people have said that you can only write one, however i have heard that other say that you can directly send the university your other personal statement? If anyone has done this or knows anything about this, please help a girl out
If you're applying through ucas, then only one. I doubt they're going to look at a personal statement you send them, seeing how much they already receive thru ucas, but you can try...?
Are the courses have any overlap? I'd talk about more general things around that field if they are. E.g I applied to natural science and biology last year, centred my PS on mostly biology with a bit of chem and maths mentioned, and managed to get offers
Original post by Interest.009
Hey, I am applying to 2 different courses and i wanted to know if i can write 2 PS.
Some people have said that you can only write one, however i have heard that other say that you can directly send the university your other personal statement? If anyone has done this or knows anything about this, please help a girl out

Generally no, you get the single UCAS PS and that's it normally. There are some exceptions - Cambridge has an optional additional PS section in the SAQ, and some universities will consider a second PS if you are applying to medicine and their course is your non-medicine one and they don't normally accept a medicine PS (e.g. UCL Neuroscience).

You cannot assume otherwise that you can simply send a PS directly to the uni and they will accept it when you applied with a completely unrelated PS. Without further information on your specific situation i.e. which courses and unis are in question, it's not possible to advise more than "realistically no".
Reply 4
Thank you all for your advice. I just found this on the ucas website for Optometry at Aston

Personal Statement: If you have a personal statement referring to another course, you will be required to email an Optometry related version.
So i will have to write another PS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending