The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah i tried this last year, and no it didnt last. I also told myself in january that i was going to have a month rest and start revising for summer in febuary/march time. This didnt happen either and i ended up cramming as per usual.

trust, OP, it wont last!
Reply 21
Take some time off, you've just finished your AS exams.

Besides, you won't be sitting A2 exams until January.
maybe i should begin revising for my master exams next year :wink:
Ick.. I've only just started working for my impending A2 exam (it's in about ten days) - there's no way I would have done work a whole year in advance. :frown: I don't think it would help, for one - I'm fairly sure I would have forgotten the work by now, if I'd tried to do that. :s-smilie:
Reply 24
Tinkerbee
I had a life :wink:

Had? Past tense? :p:
Wenzel

Yes :wink:

Back when I was between AS/A2 which the OP is

and I'm revising atm so don't have a life :frown: :biggrin:
I tend to opt for the 'work hard, play hard' lifestyle.

This is pretty much the play hard part. Chill out enjoy the summer, come September ease yourself back in

Seems a little over the top to be starting now to say the least
Tinkerbee

when i was revising for my AS this year i was exhausting myself with revision so when i finally finished exams i couldnt keep up with social life. i need to work on my stamina aha.
Gosh, i dont do nothing till 2 weeks before the exam, i dont pay much attention in class and am certainly never eager to get on with work. I work very hard 2 weeks before exams and manage to get As

school is silly, it takes them 2 months to teach what it takes a week to learn
Hey...there's nothing wrong in doing any research or wateva for them....as you sed already...its sensible...n if u wnt to then do it.

I think whta otheer are tryna say is maybe enjoy yourselves a bit before A2s come around cos its gnna be hard hard work...i think....lol..im onli gcse but did AS this year, and i am also planning to have a browse over C3 n C4, but not like hardcore learning or nething.:smile:
I said that I'd have a look. By all means flick through the easy revision guides and have a look, but don't try and learn it all!!! That's just madness. I didn't do this, and I still have no intention on starting next years uni work until september! I'm currently learning all of THIS years stuff which I've now forgotten!
Reply 31
Tinkerbee

Ah, I can relate to that. Just 4 exams left for me...then a nice long break.

I wouldn't actually try to learn stuff early. I might go through a few things, look stuff over, just to see what's coming up, but never actually 'revise' it.
Well no... I'm back at school, have started my A2s, and am finding it hard enough to keep up with regular homework and have a life :sadnod:

I don't think I could manage extra revision. But if you can, then good on you :smile:
Seriously, OP, I think that so long as you're a good student generally, it really isn't necessary to do so much extra work. I mean, there's nothing wrong with doing so, it just seems to be making yourself do work you don't need to.

I read my history textbooks in the week before I started back after the summer holidays but it really didn't help at all. *shrugs*
Reply 34
missmisanthropy
I've just finished my AS exams and have already started revising for my A2s. Has anyone else started to do the same?

you've seriously got to be joking.... the whole fun of exams is the 2 week b4 cram :P
So you haven't actually been REvising for your A2's just 'vising the A2 content so you have a bit of a head start!
missmisanthropy
Because I am going to lie on a student forum for what? I was simply wondering if anyone had started to research/revise for their A2 courses, which in my opinion is quite a sensible thing to do.

It sounds sensible, however you'll just burn out.

I ended up revising (for 6 A2 exams) since mid March IIRC. I burnt out a few weeks ago (i.e. during my exams).

Too much work can be a really, really bad thing :smile: Take a break, have some sleep!

In theory it sounds great. In practise, it'd be impossible.
Wenzel

Past perfect simple :p:
Yeah take a break.
Having said that learning C3 as early as possible was seriously helpful. It's not an entirely rediculous idea, but exams aren't everything!
Reply 39
seriously get a life go have fun its summer youre free of work, you'll only think i wish i had played in the summer when i had free time and didnt have to do any work at all

Latest