The Student Room Group
Reply 1
call the centre where you booked it and cancel it
Original post by nc212
Hi, I've passed my theory test today and feel I am ready to complete my practical in around 2 weeks or so. However, the nearest test date is in October!

What are the best ways to find cancellations as I will be back at uni by that time!

well when I was looking for mine like 4 years ago I just waited on the page clicking F5, but maybe they changed the system now who knows?

It actually worked very well as well
Reply 3
Original post by Aaron97777
well when I was looking for mine like 4 years ago I just waited on the page clicking F5, but maybe they changed the system now who knows?

It actually worked very well as well

how long did it take? I worry that with a 2 month waiting list there won't be many cancellations due to high demand
Reply 4
Original post by fredopatterngang
call the centre where you booked it and cancel it

I think you misunderstood
Original post by nc212
how long did it take? I worry that with a 2 month waiting list there won't be many cancellations due to high demand

Sorry for late reply....I could literally get a booking within 10mins of refreshing the page
Reply 6
Original post by Aaron97777
Sorry for late reply....I could literally get a booking within 10mins of refreshing the page

damn wtf. ive tried last few hours and not even seen 1. do you think those apps with notifications of cancellations are worth it?
Original post by nc212
damn wtf. ive tried last few hours and not even seen 1. do you think those apps with notifications of cancellations are worth it?

Sorry bro I really am not too clued up about the new system or any app.
You can do the apps you pay for or just keep refreshing yourself. It's pure chance whether you find something or not. A lot of tests will be cancelled as people are booking so far in advance they won't know if they'll be ready or if they'll have other plans etc. But they get rebooked crazy fast so if you spot one book it immediately.
Reply 9
Unfortunately you'll have to keep checking daily by logging in and choosing the option to change booking. Book the October test anyway, you can always change it. Some centres offerweekend tests so if you're away from home this may be beneficial. Theres also the option of taking the test in a centre close to your uni. They'll be able to advise you on this. Talk to your instructor, they'll be able to advise you on this.
I used driving test cancellations 4 all after I failed my test but it would work for you. I would personally recommend it as I got a test date that was within a week of when I started using the app. The price is £18 but if you look up a discount code it is £12. I think it is worth it because you can use it again if you fail for as long as it takes until you pass. Also I was just way too busy to keep refreshing the page- this site sends you a text when a test is free and you have 15 minutes to book it.

After I failed a second time I used the autobook feature which takes some time to set up so the test isn't booked for a time you aren't free, but is very useful as if you miss the text you still get the test. If you want to change the test again you just have to reactivate your account.
Hello! I know this is old post, do you know if I need to book first on DVSA website? I’ve used Testi app and I needed to book first on the official dvsa website so they could find a cancellation for me. Unfortunately I failed yesterday and I’m desperate to book another test asap, so wanted to give a try to this app
Original post by Gina1990
Hello! I know this is old post, do you know if I need to book first on DVSA website? I’ve used Testi app and I needed to book first on the official dvsa website so they could find a cancellation for me. Unfortunately I failed yesterday and I’m desperate to book another test asap, so wanted to give a try to this app

Book a test on dvsa first for sure as you can change this up to 6 times. Is the app Testi good? How does it work and how common are cancellations? Do you know of any other driving test cancellations apps or websites that are useful?

Latest

Trending

Trending