The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7980
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope
Just out for an opinion - what day do you guys think the schedule should be up by??

I only ask because ours is regularly only going up the Friday/Saturday before which makes it impossible to plan stuff and I have considerably less time to find cover (emphasised by the fact I'm ringing tomorrow about a shift that's getting covered on Saturday - it just would be the one manager I don't get on with wouldn't it!? Asked someone on Monday, got a reply for definite on Wednesday, tomorrow is the first day manager I need to ask is in)

Ours used to be done every Tuesday without fail, but recently there's a different manager doing the schedule and it's been Saturday many time, very annoying! I'd say Thursday at the latest is fair :smile: and I'm pretty sure that's what company policy says.
Original post by tm00131
Our's is usually up Wednesday evening or earlier. I'd rather it was done the weekend a week before though, so you've always know atleast one week in advance. It makes it easier if you need to find cover, need to book an appointment/driving lessons etc, and you can just plan your free time a bit more.

I think company policy is no later than Thursday. But I've seen it done on Sunday before, which wasn't as bad as it could be for me, because I was only working weekends at that point, but for people working on the Monday it's a bit unfair. Luckily a different manager does the schedule now.

Original post by hype
Ours used to be done every Tuesday without fail, but recently there's a different manager doing the schedule and it's been Saturday many time, very annoying! I'd say Thursday at the latest is fair :smile: and I'm pretty sure that's what company policy says.

It used to always be Wednesday but lately it's getting later and later!! Sunday is not unheard of either!!! Good to know I'm not the only one though!!

Still not up :/

And ideas on how to deal with only being free to ring during gap and changeover??? The manager I need to clear the swap with is in on a 10-7 but I'm at college all day :/ I know I need to but I've never worked a Friday so I have no idea whether it's going to better at some point or another

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7982
It used to always be Wednesday but lately it's getting later and later!! Sunday is not unheard of either!!! Good to know I'm not the only one though!!

Still not up :/

And ideas on how to deal with only being free to ring during gap and changeover??? The manager I need to clear the swap with is in on a 10-7 but I'm at college all day :/ I know I need to but I've never worked a Friday so I have no idea whether it's going to better at some point or another

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have 5 mins you can ring around 11-11:30 or after 2? Probably best times.
Original post by tm00131
Do you have 5 mins you can ring around 11-11:30 or after 2? Probably best times.

In lessons for both those!! I think I might just nip out of bio this afternoon, say I need the loo or something and hope I get through quickly!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just out for an opinion - what day do you guys think the schedule should be up by??

I only ask because ours is regularly only going up the Friday/Saturday before which makes it impossible to plan stuff and I have considerably less time to find cover (emphasised by the fact I'm ringing tomorrow about a shift that's getting covered on Saturday - it just would be the one manager I don't get on with wouldn't it!? Asked someone on Monday, got a reply for definite on Wednesday, tomorrow is the first day manager I need to ask is in)

I would appreciate it being up earlier but ours is usually up by Thursday evening. Although up til recently I had to ask on Sunday to find out if I was working Monday.
Reply 7985
I was thinking earlier...at our store the order taker/cashier on drive thru always does our dive...who does it at the stores that don't have a drive thru??
Just had my interview, was AWFUL hahaha. Deffo been rejected I reckon
Reply 7987
I've decided that i wont quit just yet, however my parants have acutally gone and booked a holiday to ireland for a half term next week! Without even telling me, Im secduled to work on Sunday the 21st. What should i do? :mad:

I have to go as i can't stay home alone. But what should i do with work please help?
Original post by J56
I've decided that i wont quit just yet, however my parants have acutally gone and booked a holiday to ireland for a half term next week! Without even telling me, Im secduled to work on Sunday the 21st. What should i do? :mad:

I have to go as i can't stay home alone. But what should i do with work please help?

Try and get someone to cover it, if that fails, talk to one of the managers explaining how you didn't know about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Curious, how do double lane drive thrus work ? :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woop. actually got the job LOL
Original post by EffKayy
Woop. actually got the job LOL

Congrats!!!
Congrats!!!

Do you know what the pay is for 18 yearolds?
Reply 7993
Original post by EffKayy
Do you know what the pay is for 18 yearolds?

It varies across each franchise I think but it's usually £4.98
Got my new uniform today, I actually don't mind it, its better than crew. Although everyone is saying it's tight or comes up small so dreading actually putting it on this arvo. If your store hasn't ordered it yet you might want to consider getting the size up.
I've just been offered an interview at mcds, can someone tell me what kind of questions i'll be asked? and some advice would be good too? :biggrin:
Original post by ..scream.fan...
I've just been offered an interview at mcds, can someone tell me what kind of questions i'll be asked? and some advice would be good too? :biggrin:

My interview was really informal. He basically just introduced himself and told me about how he became manager, blabla, a bit boring. Then he wanted me to do the same, what I do and why im applying to mcdonalds.

Then he just went through my application, asked me to tell me about my previous experiences, accomplishment and my hobbies. Also about when I want to work, how many shifts. Quite relaxed.

Got the job a few hours later :smile: (yesterday)

Good luck!!
Original post by EffKayy
My interview was really informal. He basically just introduced himself and told me about how he became manager, blabla, a bit boring. Then he wanted me to do the same, what I do and why im applying to mcdonalds.

Then he just went through my application, asked me to tell me about my previous experiences, accomplishment and my hobbies. Also about when I want to work, how many shifts. Quite relaxed.

Got the job a few hours later :smile: (yesterday)

Good luck!!

Ah cool doesn't sounds as scary as my last interview haha :biggrin: thank you for the advice and well done on the job xxxx
Reply 7998
oh wow what a depressing thread, people who are looking forward to working in McDs haha
Original post by Orihime
oh wow what a depressing thread, people who are looking forward to working in McDs haha

A jobs a job at the end of the day, and most of the people, at my store at least, are doing it for extra money during college or uni. Not necessarily gonna do it for the rest of my life, I enjoy my job although yeah it can be stressful at times, but same with any job. Ive met lots of new people and have a laugh. Not everyone who works there is stupid as some customers seem to think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending