The Student Room Group

Favourite film and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The internship (vince vaughn and owen Wilson)
The italian job.
Basically because im a big fan of minis.
Velvet Goldmine - it's basically homage to the glam rock era and David Bowie. It's got Christian Bale, Ewan McGregor, Jonathan Meyers and Toni Collette.
The Lion King (Original) Easy A or 10 Things I Hate About You. For some reason if I'm having a hard time those are the movies that pick me up and help me get on with my day. There easy and enjoyable and stories you don't get bored of.
Pokemon the movie 2000
Reply 25
Laid in America- jj and caspoid
Citizen Kane, because it is just objectively brilliant from start to finish.
So many candidates I can name. These ones are on my short list to be the best:

Ghandi
The last Emperor
Forrest Gump
Back To The Future
About A Boy
Iron Man 3
do i even need to say it
I don’t have a single one, but Saving Private Ryan has always been one of my favourite films for its very gory but realistic depiction of war, and its tragic storyline of how a family is almost wiped out.
alright i will anyway

Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse is an immersive, beautiful experience and literally everything in it is perfect. The music, the characters, the style...

Spoiler

I could be here for years. I've rewatched this film so many times I've lost count. This movie had it all for me. Beautiful animation, diverse characters, a lovable protagonist, extremely fun easter eggs, and John Mulaney voicing a web slinging cartoon pig. It's all perfect.
The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse slowly snakes its way through your mind, gripping tighter until you relinquish all expectations and succumb to the strange, haunting glory of this wild ride
One fairly recent favourite is Mission Impossible Fallout. God I was on the edge of my seat throughout that film. The soundtrack is captivating too, even listening to on its own.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 34
The Incredibles. Phenomenal script, great action (the visuals have aged fairly well imo), well-realized, entertaining characters, and a pretty unique theme/message. Of course, it isn't the only film with all these kinds of things going for it, but it all comes down to personal enjoyment, and I've found that The Incredibles just never grows stale for me. I've seen it so many times, but if anything it seems to improve with each viewing. American Beauty and The Dark Knight are other candidates, but they don't have quite the same invulnerability to repetition.
Well it depends on the genre but recently I watched The Queen, Carol and Seven Pounds, and all three movies made me cry especially Seven Pounds I was weeping all alone it was so cleansing
Karate Kid. Classic 80s film with a great soundtrack
Original post by Meowgi256

If you havent seen Cobra Kai, then they are well worth a watch.
Original post by 999tigger
If you havent seen Cobra Kai, then they are well worth a watch.

I have! Must've seen every episode at least twice. They've paid tribute to the original so well.

Quick Reply

Latest