Reply 180
hehe sine, i might apply for the mill hill vacancy aswell :P
Reply 181
redpin
hehe sine, i might apply for the mill hill vacancy aswell :P

Oh no lol...:cool:

Should have kept my mouth shut...only joking ...good luck with it :smile:
Reply 182
nah i was actually looking at it before i came to this thread lool. im just to impatient though to fill out the application form atm, its longer than any other supermarket ;O

good luck aswell, n i hate to say it "may the best person win"
Reply 183
redpin
nah i was actually looking at it before i came to this thread lool. im just to impatient though to fill out the application form atm, its longer than any other supermarket ;O

good luck aswell, n i hate to say it "may the best person win"

Looool...ok ..ummm,its not that long actually...I have seen longer..it took me like 20/30 minutes...and I was being careful and actually thinking about what I was writing.
so u guys all applying 4 mill hill, good luck, its really difficult
Reply 185
inziebaybee
so u guys all applying 4 mill hill, good luck, its really difficult

Do you work there?
no, i applied there went through all the interview processes, its lng, handed in an application, then had a phone interview, then had a group interview then had a one on one interview then got a rejection email nd i still dno y wen i got thru all those stages
Reply 187
Thank you for your reply Lucy, i had my phone interview this morning and i am now waiting for an email to let me know how i did... I'm not sure how i did.. i think it could have gone better though.

I have another question,

If i am rejected from this position.. Will i still be eligible to apply for other waitrose vacancies or do i get blacklisted or something?

Thanks.
Reply 188
Alex_101
Thank you for your reply Lucy, i had my phone interview this morning and i am now waiting for an email to let me know how i did... I'm not sure how i did.. i think it could have gone better though.

I have another question,

If i am rejected from this position.. Will i still be eligible to apply for other waitrose vacancies or do i get blacklisted or something?

Thanks.

I don't see why you can't apply for other branches, I don't think it will come up on the system.
Reply 189
what kind of questions did they ask you on the phone Alex_101? :smile:
Reply 190
Hey I have a question.
I worked for Waitrose a few years ago, and upon leaving they told me not to put my manager/store manager down as a reference when applying for a job elsewhere, they did give me an address where I should ask for the reference. However, I've lost the address ^^
Lucy or anyone else, happen to know where I should ask for a reference?
Thanks
Reply 191
mart1an
what kind of questions did they ask you on the phone Alex_101? :smile:

I was asked about if i planned to continue paid employment if i was accepted to work with waitrose.

I was asked how far away from me the branch in question was and if i knew how to get there..

They asked me what i would do in a few scenarios..

They asked where i did my work experience..

I was asked to give an example of a time when i had received good customer service and how it was good.. then they asked me what i would give as good customer service..

I had to describe myself in 4 words from a friends point of view.

I was asked why i wanted to work for waitrose.... if i had ever shopped with waitrose and which branch.... and they asked me why they should hire me.

We spoke about my education and they asked for the name of my college and stuff.. they asked what my grades were for GCSE.

I think the main thing that let me down though was the distance from my home to the branch i applied for..

I havn't had my reply to let me know yet but i'm feeling quite pessimistic.

Good luck if you have one of them anyway :yep:
Reply 192
desertrat
Hey I have a question.
I worked for Waitrose a few years ago, and upon leaving they told me not to put my manager/store manager down as a reference when applying for a job elsewhere, they did give me an address where I should ask for the reference. However, I've lost the address ^^
Lucy or anyone else, happen to know where I should ask for a reference?
Thanks

You write to head office at Bracknell for refrences I beleive. You can find the address on www.waitrose.com.
Reply 193
Lucy King
You write to head office at Bracknell for refrences I beleive. You can find the address on www.waitrose.com.

So I write to them at their headquarters, asking if they could send a reference to <insert new employer's address>? Or when the new employer asks for a reference, I just give them Bracknells address/phone number?
Thanks Lucy
Reply 194
Just to let you all know, i was contacted today about my phone interview..

Although we are interested in pursuing your application, we currently don&#8217;t have a suitable vacancy for you. I propose to hold your details on file for the next six months, and will contact you again to initiate the second stage of the recruitment process if a suitable opportunity becomes available.

looks like im back to square one :smile:
Reply 195
desertrat
So I write to them at their headquarters, asking if they could send a reference to <insert new employer's address>? Or when the new employer asks for a reference, I just give them Bracknells address/phone number?
Thanks Lucy

Either/Or I suspect.
Hey, I've had my first interview and second interview now. Last monday was my first interview and they asked me to come back on wednesday for the second because the section manager wasn't available at the time on monday after my first interview. It's been a week now since that second interview and I haven't heard anything. Should I contact them about what's going on?
wat store is it coz that happened to me 4 the store i wanted to work in
Reply 198
Phishy Penguin
Hey, I've had my first interview and second interview now. Last monday was my first interview and they asked me to come back on wednesday for the second because the section manager wasn't available at the time on monday after my first interview. It's been a week now since that second interview and I haven't heard anything. Should I contact them about what's going on?

Some of the personell managers only work 2/3 days per week, so therefore it may be a while!
Reply 199
i have another group interview coming up..

this time for a branch much nearer to me..

hopefully i will pass and they will have my hours...

i won't give up :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending