The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Misteryom
Yeah I do get 30 mins for breakfast, I don't know why I said 15!
There is a christmas uniform?!
I know the uniform is all changing next year, according to wikipedia.
xx

Yes the Christmas Uniform last year was a "red" recycled apron. With a massive snow flake on the top of it and the words "Waitrose Christmas 2007" on the bottom side. This year I suspect it could well be a "apron" again possibly with a polo shirt as well but im not sure. I think it will be announced within the next couple of weeks anyway.
Reply 381
Pictures of 2007 Christmas Uniform:
Reply 382
were they compulsory last year?
Reply 383
craigie22
were they compulsory last year?

Strongly "suggested". We were given them as we walked in.
Reply 384
They are horrible..
Reply 385
Just found this on the extranet:

It looks like it's the same again: :frown:
Reply 386
I thought they looked after employees!
Hey there, I've been working at Waitrose for about a month now and am really enjoying it, getting on really well with managers and other partners etc. I've got a bit of a problem though. I was supposed to be having surgery in March but it's been moved forward to the very beginning of December and should see me out of being able to work for about 2-3 weeks (hopefully only 2 at the most if it goes to plan). I know that you're not allowed holiday in December though so I'm a bit worried about how to explain this to them and also whether they'll keep me on because I intended on staying at least until April next year and then will finish off my gap year by travelling etc. Can anyone offer any advice about what to do?
Reply 388
Talk to them asap, they're usually understanding with that kind of thing.
Reply 389
I'm sure they'll grant you leave if your having a medical operation, just talk to your SM
Reply 390
Hey guys I just got an email this morning saying this:
Dear xxx,
Thank you for taking part in our recent group interview for the position of Supermarket Assistant, Part Time at Waitrose Chiswick. Although we are interested in pursuing your application, we currently don’t have a suitable vacancy for you. I propose to hold your details on file for the next three months, and will contact you again to initiate the second stage of the recruitment process if a suitable opportunity becomes available. If you would prefer that I do not retain your information, please let me know. Thank you again for your interest in joining Waitrose. I hope to be able to contact you again soon. Kind regards,
xxx
Recruitment Manager

does this mean i passed the group interview?
what are the chances of me getting a second interview and a job after this?
has anyone been offered any type of job or training by the edgare road branch.
Wow boy ...I went to the group interview last week Wed and it says application put on hold

I talked to my advisor at the job centre and was told that they are still interviewing people for the next 2 weeks that the reason behind it but I still feel uncertain about it.

I applied for the Edgware Rd and Clapham Junction Branch and I haven't been sent any other correspondence yet.

I don't think anyones been offered anything yet.

Arghh this is quite unerving :frown: oh wells the wait continues.
Reply 393
Nayberay
Wow boy ...I went to the group interview last week Wed and it says application put on hold

I talked to my advisor at the job centre and was told that they are still interviewing people for the next 2 weeks that the reason behind it but I still feel uncertain about it.

I applied for the Edgware Rd and Clapham Junction Branch and I haven't been sent any other correspondence yet.

i think on hold means that we probably will get a second interview, but like you said yourself they are just waiting for all applicants to have been interviewed.
heard of anyone rejected from group interview??
Reply 394
akagwu8
i think on hold means that we probably will get a second interview, but like you said yourself they are just waiting for all applicants to have been interviewed.
heard of anyone rejected from group interview??

3/5 people from mine were rejected.
Hi guys- got my group interview tomorrow.
Just a couple of quick questons- about the dress code- I'm thinking formal/smart with hair tied back (I have long blonde hair) as I know that they are quite concerned about appearance. And during the interviews due you think it is best to be reserved, or quite talkative? I know these are daft questions probably, but please forgive me- it's my first ever job interview in my life so an entirely new experience to me! Cheers :smile:
Reply 396
akagwu8
Hey guys I just got an email this morning saying this:
Dear xxx,
Thank you for taking part in our recent group interview for the position of Supermarket Assistant, Part Time at Waitrose Chiswick. Although we are interested in pursuing your application, we currently don’t have a suitable vacancy for you. I propose to hold your details on file for the next three months, and will contact you again to initiate the second stage of the recruitment process if a suitable opportunity becomes available. If you would prefer that I do not retain your information, please let me know. Thank you again for your interest in joining Waitrose. I hope to be able to contact you again soon. Kind regards,
xxx
Recruitment Manager

does this mean i passed the group interview?
what are the chances of me getting a second interview and a job after this?

I think this means you passed but they cannot accommodate your hours.

I got an email like this, then 3 weeks later i got a phone call offering me a job :woo:
Reply 397
Nayberay

on hold means that they are still considering your application. They often place people on hold between stages of interviews. As your interview was only last week, most likely they have not yet looked through and decided who they liked and who they didn't. They may also be waiting until all the group interviews have been completed. If you have not heard from them in the next 2 weeks, ring them and they should be able to fill you in on what is happening.

Fillette
Hi guys- got my group interview tomorrow.
Just a couple of quick questons- about the dress code- I'm thinking formal/smart with hair tied back (I have long blonde hair) as I know that they are quite concerned about appearance. And during the interviews due you think it is best to be reserved, or quite talkative? I know these are daft questions probably, but please forgive me- it's my first ever job interview in my life so an entirely new experience to me! Cheers :smile:

As for the group interview. Its important to be confident and polite. Try not to be cocky tho but also try and do your best not to come across nervous

Also prepare yourself for basic interview questions such as 'Why do you want to work at Waitrose' etc
Had my group interview at Waitrose today! It was a bit weird, as it was my first ever job interview. I enjoyed it though, and everyone was friendly and quite nervous (like me!) and I liked doing the sales pitch too.
Anyway, I just got an email from the recruitment manager saying she'd like to invite me to a formal interview on Friday. Is there anything I should consider beforehand ? Thanks lots for all your help :smile:
Fillette
Had my group interview at Waitrose today! It was a bit weird, as it was my first ever job interview. I enjoyed it though, and everyone was friendly and quite nervous (like me!) and I liked doing the sales pitch too.
Anyway, I just got an email from the recruitment manager saying she'd like to invite me to a formal interview on Friday. Is there anything I should consider beforehand ? Thanks lots for all your help :smile:

Lucky for some lol.I think I must of sucked at this group interview thing :l
Well done though.:smile: :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending