The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lalagirl0
Oh really?! What branch was that? And do you think all managers would let it slide or were you just lucky lol?

he's woking at the NEW BIG wimbledon one, im so jealous !!!!!:tongue:
Reply 3981

Oh really?! What branch was that? And do you think all managers would let it slide or were you just lucky lol?

Big Wimbledon which hasnt opened yet, training now.

I think i was just lucky to be honest, thought I'd failed already when i was late for the interview. I guess i just came across well in the group interview, talked as much as i could and smiled so hard that i thought my face would crack lol. Some in my group were quite quiet aswell, which helped.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by IvanGray
Yeah haha:biggrin: she said the last group tried all the products, i was egging my team to try it but they were all so BORING!:rolleyes:

She said she had a group before yours, mine and your group and two more on thursday then descions descisions!:eek: I'm guessing about 30 people through to the 1:1 then eliminated through there if they can't do the hours etc...:wink:
haha yeah, she siad'dont go checking your emails just yet, we have 2 more groups on thursday, you guys will hear from us 5th 6th july!' wooop! hate waiting though.
i'm just going to pray:frown: ha

WHAT?! I didn't know that! I'm just going to say I can do any hours lol :P i'm just going to keep myself busy lol until that day.. I would love to work in the big wimlbdon I love big supermarkets, so lucky!! When does it open?
Reply 3983
Original post by xxrhi-rhixx
hey,
has anyone who had an interview for the high holborn branch heard anything or maybe recieved an email?? my friend had an interview on thursday so shes wondering if everyone else is on the same boat lol :s-smilie: :smile:

Original post by Glorzz
Hey I Had The Interview For High Holborn - Still Haven't Heard Anything

Original post by Miss Purple
me too! when and what times were your interviews?
mine was on wednesday at 11.45 :smile:

Heyy! I had a group interview for high holborn like nearly 3 weeks ago! How long until they stop interviewing people and contact people? My application has changed to "application on hold" is this just a polite way of rejecting someone?!
Original post by BenjyK
Big Wimbledon which hasnt opened yet, training now.

I think i was just lucky to be honest, thought I'd failed already when i was late for the interview. I guess i just came across well in the group interview, talked as much as i could and smiled so hard that i thought my face would crack lol. Some in my group were quite quiet aswell, which helped.

Wow lucky!! And I had a few quiet peoople in my group so hopes I would have stood out! When does it open? LOL I think I smiled but I didn't want to smile all the time incase I seemed fake lol!
Reply 3985

Wow lucky!! And I had a few quiet peoople in my group so hopes I would have stood out! When does it open? LOL I think I smiled but I didn't want to smile all the time incase I seemed fake lol!

It opens 30th of July, but we get paid our normal monthly rate at the end of July for the training we did that month :happy2:

Yes i thought so too but i did it because i thought my chances of getting it were shot anyway, and i think it helps you stand out if your the only one smiling. I gave eye contact too at every opportunity, which I'm sure was quite unnerving but i was desperate at that point :blush:
Original post by BenjyK
It opens 30th of July, but we get paid our normal monthly rate at the end of July for the training we did that month :happy2:

Yes i thought so too but i did it because i thought my chances of getting it were shot anyway, and i think it helps you stand out if your the only one smiling. I gave eye contact too at every opportunity, which I'm sure was quite unnerving but i was desperate at that point :blush:

Ahhh i'm soo jealous, now I really want to work at Waitrose lol! HAHA loool eye contact jokes! hahahaha I would be so on edge if I did that, I can't stare into anyones eyes for more than 3 seconds lol! Apparently it does get boring after a while though :s-smilie:
Original post by BenjyK

Benjy boy, your a real lucky dude man! haha well done though!:tongue:
Have you seen the little cute one 'little Waitrose':wink:
Ahhh i'm soo jealous, now I really want to work at Waitrose lol! HAHA loool eye contact jokes! hahahaha I would be so on edge if I did that, I can't stare into anyones eyes for more than 3 seconds lol! Apparently it does get boring after a while though :s-smilie:

Let me get this right, you get paid for your training normal rate? But you do most training at home right?:confused: so how would they know
Reply 3989

Benjy boy, your a real lucky dude man! haha well done though!:tongue:
Have you seen the little cute one 'little Waitrose':wink:

Yes i have, it was super packed when i went in though, because of the tennis, felt sorry for the employees, though it must be nice to work in such a small store, the one you applied for is kind of small aswell isnt it, I pass there sometimes on my way to school.
Reply 3990
Let me get this right, you get paid for your training normal rate? But you do most training at home right?:confused: so how would they know

They dont, its one of the perks, they pay us the normal amount because they factor in the travelling time to get to different training locations, the travel costs, and the amount you also do at home. I couldnt believe it when i was told because i only have 7 training days, plus the at home training which is alot i suppose, the training vid's are so grating lol
Original post by BenjyK
Yes i have, it was super packed when i went in though, because of the tennis, felt sorry for the employees, though it must be nice to work in such a small store, the one you applied for is kind of small aswell isnt it, I pass there sometimes on my way to school.

Yes. It is pretty small compared to the massive one your working for anyway haha.
What happens when you get offered a place, do they call you?:confused:
Original post by BenjyK
They dont, its one of the perks, they pay us the normal amount because they factor in the travelling time to get to different training locations, the travel costs, and the amount you also do at home. I couldnt believe it when i was told because i only have 7 training days, plus the at home training which is alot i suppose, the training vid's are so grating lol

Are the training centres all around the country :redface:
Reply 3993

Yes. It is pretty small compared to the massive one your working for anyway haha.
What happens when you get offered a place, do they call you?:confused:

I think it depends, i got a call then an email, though some just get an email so i dont know.
Are the training centres all around the country :redface:

Not really, only 2 locations really, kingston and Surbiton, which arent too out of my way. I suppose you wont have that though seeing as your stores already up and running.
Original post by BenjyK

OMG! Wimbledon Hill, Is such a cute store, I work there at the team have only been together for less than a month and every one is working together and getting on really well.

Yes it is a tough store to work in, due to the flexability needed, but it is so relexaed and chilled out.
Reply 3995
Original post by xxxxemmzxxxx

Original post by xxxxemmzxxxx
OMG! Wimbledon Hill, Is such a cute store, I work there at the team have only been together for less than a month and every one is working together and getting on really well.

Yes it is a tough store to work in, due to the flexability needed, but it is so relexaed and chilled out.

Aww, lucky, thats the store i first applied to, seems I'm going to be working around the corner at the beast of a store instead :rolleyes:
Original post by BenjyK
Aww, lucky, thats the store i first applied to, seems I'm going to be working around the corner at the beast of a store instead :rolleyes:

Yeah, good luck. Wimbledon Hill will get all the town centre traffic I suspect, and the bigger store will get the "Weekly Shops".
Someone has with drawn my waitrose application!!!! I got back home, logged into my account and read the message, 'I am sorry that you have withdrawn your application.'!!! I logged in at school to check my progress (as i had music practice) and someone must of deleted my application! WHAT DO I DO??!! I created a new account straight away, but now thats been rejected because its a duplicate of the original one! I am really upset and depressed now! Can anyone help me, i need the partnership hotline ASAP! :frown:
Reply 3998
Original post by TopGearRules
Someone has with drawn my waitrose application!!!! I got back home, logged into my account and read the message, 'I am sorry that you have withdrawn your application.'!!! I logged in at school to check my progress (as i had music practice) and someone must of deleted my application! WHAT DO I DO??!! I created a new account straight away, but now thats been rejected because its a duplicate of the original one! I am really upset and depressed now! Can anyone help me, i need the partnership hotline ASAP! :frown:

There is no way that you can get it reinstated as far as im aware, if you have an e mail address for the recruiter then you could get in contact with them but I think this is the only way...

Normally they would not look very favourbly on it as it shows bad security!
Original post by Lucy King
There is no way that you can get it reinstated as far as im aware, if you have an e mail address for the recruiter then you could get in contact with them but I think this is the only way...

Normally they would not look very favourbly on it as it shows bad security!

Well it looks like i wont be getting the job ive wanted for ages after all! I cannot believe some cold hearted person would go around deleting people's application for the fun of it! Thanks for you help anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending