The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sami_i
I have been invited for a group assessment next friday for the bloomsbury store. It is my first ever interview and i am also feeling nervous. What exactly happens at the group interview? and could u please give me any tips.

Thank you

What happened at your group interview today, please?, I have one next week for that store.
Reply 581
xxcorinne91xx
What happened at your group interview today, please?, I have one next week for that store.

Questions asked at a group interview:

Why do you want to work for waitrose?
What have you been doing over the past 18 months?
Who is your favorite tv chef if you have one?
What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
What is your favorite food and why?
What are your hobbies and interests?
Where do you see yourself in 2 years time?

Not in that order, and i think there are a couple more..

good luck.
Alex_101
mine is a clip on :biggrin:

you might get lucky... ;]

Yeah, I think they only issue clip ons now. Safer if a customer decides to strangle you.

Group interviews are nothing to get nervous about, they are actually quite fun. Just go and be yourself, don't be quiet & don't be overbearing.
xx
Reply 583
Misteryom
Yeah, I think they only issue clip ons now. Safer if a customer decides to strangle you.

Group interviews are nothing to get nervous about, they are actually quite fun. Just go and be yourself, don't be quiet & don't be overbearing.
xx

Yeah they only issue Clip On Ties now for that reason. Ties I beleive will be ditched when the "new" uniform is rolled out next year as they are now a bit of a "hazard".
mmmm my group interview was rather different than what I expected ... there was no individual interview at the end, they've organised a 2nd interview next week for that.

Something happened that I thought was quite harsh, one guy showed up without any ID and was told to leave immedeately lol ... dred !! The guy looked soo angry
Reply 585
oh my! i was at the westfield store today :smile: it's gonna be good :biggrin:!
Reply 586
Alex_101
oh my! i was at the westfield store today :smile: it's gonna be good :biggrin:!

Went to Shepherds Bush for a gig last night and saw the outside of the shopping centre. It looks amazing! I'll be there on Thursday when it opens
Lucy King
You should have a longer break than 8 hours between shifts... I think it is a 11 hour break which your'e supposed to have, check it on partnerconnect.

Thanks for that Lucy- I know my hours for next week and (fortunately) I haven't got those shifts back-to-back, however I shall talk to my SM if it crops up soon :smile:
Fillette
Thanks for that Lucy- I know my hours for next week and (fortunately) I haven't got those shifts back-to-back, however I shall talk to my SM if it crops up soon :smile:

minimum time gap between shifts is 8 hours. My SM told me that today as I got more hours. I now do 5-8 on a friday evening and 6-3 on a saturday!!
xx
I miss the 'trose :frown:
Misteryom
minimum time gap between shifts is 8 hours. My SM told me that today as I got more hours. I now do 5-8 on a friday evening and 6-3 on a saturday!!
xx

True, but I would hope they would take into consideration the fact that I have to travel up to 2 hours to get to work. Now I'm fine with that, I had to commute the same distance to school and back, it's just the 8 hour gap is drastically reduced when you take the travelling into account!
But, I think my ASM said she thought I shouldn't have those shifts together (without me saying anything about it) so she'll hopefully talk to my SM about it. :smile:
Fillette
True, but I would hope they would take into consideration the fact that I have to travel up to 2 hours to get to work. Now I'm fine with that, I had to commute the same distance to school and back, it's just the 8 hour gap is drastically reduced when you take the travelling into account!
But, I think my ASM said she thought I shouldn't have those shifts together (without me saying anything about it) so she'll hopefully talk to my SM about it. :smile:

woah 2 hours! you must be desperate for the job! It takes me 5 mins to get to my branch.
im under 18 and im going to be doing checkout. i cant sell alcohol or cig's so what do i ave to do??????????
Reply 593
Blackbutterfly aka Jayda
im under 18 and im going to be doing checkout. i cant sell alcohol or cig's so what do i ave to do??????????

This will be gone over during your checkout training,

basically, when a customer comes with a product that you are not old enough to sell, you are to leave that item to the side [do not scan it] and call a supervisor to take control of the sale..
but thats gonna happen alot. don't alot of people buy alcohol? in waitrose? i know cig's can only be sold at da kiosk" so thats ok
Reply 595
Blackbutterfly aka Jayda

Your user number will have a "block" on it to stop you selling anything that is 16/18/21 age restrictied, the only options you'll have will be "Supervisor Required" You should not be selling Cigs or anything because I doubt if they would put you on those tills/kiosk, as I beleive you have to be 18. If you get Alcohol (which you will) through your till just press "Cashier Underage" on your Scope pager and a Supervisor will authorise the alcohol sale by inputting there ID into the system. Just do not try to scan it as it will "lock" the system. You only need to have the 1st bottle/can of alcohol authorised per transaction.

Hope this helps
Lucy
Reply 596
Blackbutterfly aka Jayda
but thats gonna happen alot. don't alot of people buy alcohol?

If you are an under 18 cashier, i presume you will be put on tills that are near the welcome desk so a supervisor can get to you fast or something.. that's what they're doing at westfield.
Reply 597
Alex_101
If you are an under 18 cashier, i presume you will be put on tills that are near the welcome desk so a supervisor can get to you fast or something.. that's what they're doing at westfield.

That will last err about 2 shifts, we started doing that and it just did not work! We have 14 main line tills and apart from XMAS week, the under 18's are spread all over the line.
phewwww thats a relief. ok so i can only sell '16' than. im 17 by the way.. thanxs for the help xx
lucy and alex do you both have alot of under 18s doing tills???????? lucy are you a superviser and do you get alot of these 'underage calls'??????

Latest

Trending

Trending