The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Misteryom
Does anyone know what to expect? I'm guessing you wont be trained like everyone else at waitrose is, it's really all down to time to tell. It really is very hard to say.

convenience store or biggest waitrose in the world.

all partners would probably be given the same degree of training.. waitrose is waitrose and we are the difference :p:
Oh lordy. Tomorrow I'm in charge of the whole morning delivery, breaking it down- overseeing everything and I've been put in charge of the team as well. This because my SM and ASM aren't in.
I've been working at my branch exactly a month and have never worked before then in my entire life. This is going to be stressful to say the least :sadnod:
Reply 782
Fillette
Oh lordy. Tomorrow I'm in charge of the whole morning delivery, breaking it down- overseeing everything and I've been put in charge of the team as well. This because my SM and ASM aren't in.
I've been working at my branch exactly a month and have never worked before then in my entire life. This is going to be stressful to say the least :sadnod:

And what time is the load in?
Lucy King
And what time is the load in?

I think it's due in at 7:03am. But it's usually late- not that there's much traffic from Bracknell to London at that hour!
Reply 784
Lol, 7:03 am, ours is 7:01 am! Just do what you can do! Are your SM and ASM not in all day then? How many people have you got?
Fillette

It isn't a very hard job (not that i've ever done it) you just have to make sure all the stock comes in that was ordered and all the stock goes onto the shelves that can.
Misteryom
It isn't a very hard job (not that i've ever done it) you just have to make sure all the stock comes in that was ordered and all the stock goes onto the shelves that can.

I know it's not too hard, I just am concerned what to do if there are any hick-ups, like if the whole of pre-packed deli doesn't arrive for some reason!
And also, I'm suppsed to be in charge of the morning part-time staff who are notoriously unreliable. I'm just not sure what I will do if they don't turn up or something, and the cages don't get worked before 10am (which is our target).
That'll mean that the whole day is held up, and we won't be able to get on with the reductions. Grrr :s-smilie:
Reply 787
Misteryom

Lol, yes and how many cages of chilled do you get in on the AM drop, 20 - 25. I guess. In London we get more like 40- 45 and possibly more.
Lucy King
Lol, 7:03 am, ours is 7:01 am! Just do what you can do! Are your SM and ASM not in all day then? How many people have you got?

Yes it's both their days off, great timetabling that is :rolleyes:
And our actual Third Hand isn't in til 2:30.
Reply 789
Fillette
I know it's not too hard, I just am concerned what to do if there are any hick-ups, like if the whole of pre-packed deli doesn't arrive for some reason!
And also, I'm suppsed to be in charge of the morning part-time staff who are notoriously unreliable. I'm just not sure what I will do if they don't turn up or something, and the cages don't get worked before 10am (which is our target).
That'll mean that the whole day is held up, and we won't be able to get on with the reductions. Grrr :s-smilie:

Don't worry, just chill out. I forgot to tell you we finally fished our "Third Hand" training today and got taken out for a "yummy" lunch!
Reply 790
Fillette
Yes it's both their days off, great timetabling that is :rolleyes:
And our actual Third Hand isn't in til 2:30.

Im off tommorow aswell!
Lucy King
Don't worry, just chill out. I forgot to tell you we finally fished our "Third Hand" training today and got taken out for a "yummy" lunch!

Yes, you're right. I can only try my best- and I'll let you guys know how it went tomorrow night, even if there are some catasrophes! .
Oooh lucky about the lunch- being a Third Hand does sound good.
Reply 792
waitrose chiswick-surely someone has heard something from them. 6 weeks and still on hold
Reply 793
akagwu8
waitrose chiswick-surely someone has heard something from them. 6 weeks and still on hold

have you heard from them since the interview? If not try and get in contact with the Personnel Manager. They'll be able to tell you whats going on
Misteryom
Does anyone know what to expect? I'm guessing you wont be trained like everyone else at waitrose is, it's really all down to time to tell. It really is very hard to say.

Thanks, I'll just have to wait & see then :smile:.

Is it usually easy to get overtime when you work part-time? I'm in the Fresh Foods section, if that's relevant.
Reply 795
caroline147
Thanks, I'll just have to wait & see then :smile:.

Is it usually easy to get overtime when you work part-time? I'm in the Fresh Foods section, if that's relevant.

I suspect you will be trained fully using the "Multimedia" programs, I also suspect you will have to to "FOS" training aswell.

With regard to overtime it depends how much your section is understaffed. It also depends on the management team within the branch on how they want to play it. At our branch we all have "hours targets" which we have to meet eg: 5000 hours for the week, we are not allowed to go over that but if we only have 4,500 recruited for example we would be allowed 50 hours overtime.

Also if the branch hits target for the week we are allowed some extra hours the week after.
Lucy King
Lol, yes and how many cages of chilled do you get in on the AM drop, 20 - 25. I guess. In London we get more like 40- 45 and possibly more.

Ha at fresh foods we get 5 cages, and our delivery is at 6 so we get an extra hour!
Lucy King
I suspect you will be trained fully using the "Multimedia" programs, I also suspect you will have to to "FOS" training aswell.

With regard to overtime it depends how much your section is understaffed. It also depends on the management team within the branch on how they want to play it. At our branch we all have "hours targets" which we have to meet eg: 5000 hours for the week, we are not allowed to go over that but if we only have 4,500 recruited for example we would be allowed 50 hours overtime.

Also if the branch hits target for the week we are allowed some extra hours the week after.

Ok, thanks! This doesn't really mean much now but I'm sure it will soon enough :yep:.
Reply 798
caroline147
Ok, thanks! This doesn't really mean much now but I'm sure it will soon enough :yep:.

Yup, you'll know multimedia training very, very well by the end of your induction!
Reply 799
its been well over a month and my application is still on hold from the chiswick branch :frown: i contacted them and they said i am still on hold
again i ask anyone with news regarding the chiswick branch?

Latest

Trending

Trending