The Student Room Group
Original post by Happychappy9
Hi :smile: I received a job offer by phone on Monday 9th Nov and was told I would be sent out an email and confirmation letter. I know it is only Thursday 12th and I should be patient its just I'm currently employed to sainsbury's and need to tender 1months notice and was told my start date for Waitrose would be the 4th December. should I call in to find out if the letter has been sent? its just I do not want seem 2 eager but in the same sense I know I should find out.

Call them. Tell them you need to hand your notice in to your current employer and you need the paperwork ASAP.
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Call them. Tell them you need to hand your notice in to your current employer and you need the paperwork ASAP.

I got the job:smile: so happy
Original post by ZKL
Hey everyone,

I got a call today offering me a part-time job at my local Waitrose.
It's for the meat and fish counters, does anyone currently or previously have had a job behind the meat and fish counters?

If so,

-do I need to gut or fillet fish/meat?

-what can I expect?

-what is the restrictions on makeup, nail varnish, piercings, hair and dress code etc etc

-what should I wear for my induction day in 2 weeks?

Thanks! :colondollar:

I dont work on counters but as far as i know, its absolutely no nail varnish, no jewellery (with little exceptions) only one ear picering and no facial ones allowed (ears may still have to be taken out) hair must be fully pulled back. Wear black leather shoes, you'll be on your feet a lot so comfort is important. Generally buisness dress is expected, your tasks will all be explained on induction and you will be fully trained (so don't worry). Good luck!
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Not sure about her particular branch but at our branch we're being asked to submit 2016 leave requests from Nov 15th

If it is holiday then early november- mid january you can request holiday, if she wants unpaid leave eg for study/exams she will have to ask her line manager and quite possibly write a letter to the branch explaining why
Original post by ilovecake123
I got the job:smile: so happy

Congratulations!!
How do I refer my friends for a job? Do they just put my name in their application when it asks if they know someone in the JLP?
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
How do I refer my friends for a job? Do they just put my name in their application when it asks if they know someone in the JLP?

Yes! They can only apply when they are recruiting for external applicants, from time to time the branch may advertise jobs internally and not externally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SheLikeTheMango

The way I recommended my friend was by sending a short email to head of recruitment for my branch, saying why I thought they would make a good partner. (It worked- she got the job!)
Reply 9848
Do part time employees still get a bonus? (I'm asking the important questions :wink: )
Original post by Uhhh
Do part time employees still get a bonus? (I'm asking the important questions :wink: )

Yes! Once you have worked for three months you are eligible for the bonus, which is a percentage of your total pay for that year (it includes overtime!)
Original post by EloiseFH
The way I recommended my friend was by sending a short email to head of recruitment for my branch, saying why I thought they would make a good partner. (It worked- she got the job!)

Would the head of recruitment be the section managers at my branch?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,
I am on a seasonal contract which ends on the 30th of January. Is there any way I can get this extended as I would like to work for longer. Does anyone know if waitrose keep their Christmas temp staff? Thanks
Hi,
I am on a seasonal contract which ends on the 30th of January. Is there any way I can get this extended as I would like to work for longer. Does anyone know if waitrose keep their Christmas temp staff? Thanks

If you're good you'll be kept on, I imagine. I'm in the same position. They've invested time in us and we'll be reasonably experienced by then so fingers crossed we'll be given permanent contracts.
Hi,
I start on Monday and have had 2 emails requesting me to complete my right to work document, but every time I try to open it, it says there is an error?
Please help me!! :frown::s-smilie:
Hi,

Hi,

Just to clarify if you do not get your contract extended and it does end on the 30th Jan, you won't receive a bonus as you have to be employed on the 31st Jan to receive this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kimclarke
Hi,

Just to clarify if you do not get your contract extended and it does end on the 30th Jan, you won't receive a bonus as you have to be employed on the 31st Jan to receive this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why would i receive a bonus?
why would i receive a bonus?

Because all patents who are employed on the 31st Jan receive one, based on the partnerships profits etc, hence why your contract is at the moment set to end on 30th Jan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how to book holiday using the absence planner? Really quite confusing
Original post by EloiseFH
Yes! Once you have worked for three months you are eligible for the bonus, which is a percentage of your total pay for that year (it includes overtime!)

This is incorrect if you are only on a temporary contract and your not kept on, eg: leave before 31st January then your not entitled to a bonus, as you have to be employed on 31st January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kimclarke
This is incorrect if you are only on a temporary contract and your not kept on, eg: leave before 31st January then your not entitled to a bonus, as you have to be employed on 31st January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, what happens with those purple "how did we do" cards? A customer asked me for one but I didn't have my name on one so the customer said they'll write my name on it

Latest

Trending

Trending