The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, you all seem to be very knowledgeable re Waitrose.

I have been called to a meeting with my manager for my 'threatening behaviour' towards another partner, pathetic really giving the guy is twice my age and was antagonising me. Anyway just wondering how strict Waitrose are regarding this sort of thing? I don't wanna loose the job, lol only been there 3 weeks but I'm not somebody who can keep quiet and avoid confrontation. Certain people there are gonna have to learn the hard way.

Having said that, for the most part, my fellow partners are lovely people.
Reply 981
ChosenOne
Hey guys, you all seem to be very knowledgeable re Waitrose.

I have been called to a meeting with my manager for my 'threatening behaviour' towards another partner, pathetic really giving the guy is twice my age and was antagonising me. Anyway just wondering how strict Waitrose are regarding this sort of thing? I don't wanna loose the job, lol only been there 3 weeks but I'm not somebody who can keep quiet and avoid confrontation. Certain people there are gonna have to learn the hard way.

Having said that, for the most part, my fellow partners are lovely people.

that's a really bad attitude to have. You may not be with the partnership much longer with that state of mind.....
Reply 982
Fillette
It was this
Everyone was talking about it at work today, and there was an article in the Mail 2 days ago about it. It's really irresponsible to put comments like that in the public domain :sadnod:

OMG I What a bunch of idiots its the worst thing you can do putting in the eye of the public let aloe doing it at all !! Shame on them !!!.
Alex_101
that's a really bad attitude to have. You may not be with the partnership much longer with that state of mind.....

:ditto: Fellow partners need to be treated with patience and respect. You should really rethink your attitude if you want to consider work there longer.
Reply 984
We had such an amusing afternoon yesterday with power failures about every 10 mins for about 2 hours! The Generator just kept on coming on and going off, on and off. I got fed up with turning refridgation back on in the end!
does anyone know if the branch in canary wharf is open weekends? also what are the minimum hours & days that a part timer can do?
Reply 986
Original post by f&#8467
does anyone know if the branch in canary wharf is open weekends? also what are the minimum hours & days that a part timer can do?

Waitrose Canary Wharf is open 7 days a week, like all the other stores, infact Saturday and Sunday are very busy there, I was suprised when I looked at their sales figures.

With regards to the amount of hours, it depends on the management team at the branch, at my branch it is generally one/two late nights 5-9:30 and a Saturday or Sunday. But this varys a lot from branch to branch.

If you want any further information please feel free to PM me and ill be happy to help.

Lucy
Fillette
:ditto: Fellow partners need to be treated with patience and respect. You should really rethink your attitude if you want to consider work there longer.

Respect must be earned. My contracts been extended at least a month ... that's fine for me, if after a month they ask me to leave, so be it ... summer exams are just around the corner!
wow monday was pretty mental, hardly any of the partners at my branch could get in so we had to relocate to 'local' branches for the day. I worked at Holloway Road and it was very nice- apart from the fact that the warehouse is massive and I spent half my shift lost among all the cages :s:
Reply 989
Fillette
wow monday was pretty mental, hardly any of the partners at my branch could get in so we had to relocate to 'local' branches for the day. I worked at Holloway Road and it was very nice- apart from the fact that the warehouse is massive and I spent half my shift lost among all the cages :s:

Warehouse is massive, shame mine's not! It's like a chocolate box! I was day off Monday, thank goodness, frankly if I was in there was no way on earth I could have got in, a lot of my branch went to local branches closest to where they lived.
Reply 990
i was thinking of transferring to islington...

but i think i'm settled at Westfield now... no matter how far away it may be..
When we gonna find out how much they bonus is in percentage terms? And we get it in our March pay packet, right?
Grapevine
When we gonna find out how much they bonus is in percentage terms? And we get it in our March pay packet, right?

We get it in april's pay. Dont know when we find out how much it is,
Reply 993
Misteryom
We get it in april's pay. Dont know when we find out how much it is,

Bonus is paid with your MARCH pay, not April! You will find out on 15th March at 9:30am.

Just don't expect anymore than 8/9% this year, I will be suprised if it is anymore than that!
Lucy King
Bonus is paid with your MARCH pay, not April! You will find out on 15th March at 9:30am.

Just don't expect anymore than 8/9% this year, I will be suprised if it is anymore than that!

Cheers for clearing that up Lucy. 10% would be nice although I'll happily take whatever I'm given. :woo:
Reply 995
Check again! Bonus figure will be announced at 9.30am on Wednesday 11 March.
Reply 996
Does anyone know how large the islngton store is going to be? I got an interview for it soon.:woo: Its a blimmin two hour group session:curious: AND there were 6 sessions i could have picked from. Any tips/suggestions you guys could endeavor?
Reply 997
01jacks
Does anyone know how large the islngton store is going to be? I got an interview for it soon.:woo: Its a blimmin two hour group session:curious: AND there were 6 sessions i could have picked from. Any tips/suggestions you guys could endeavor?

i'm not sure of the exact measurements but i know it used to be a woolworths. not a massive space really..

Questions asked:

Why do you want to work for waitrose?
What have you been doing over the past 18 months?
Who is your favorite tv chef if you have one?
What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
What is your favorite food and why?
What are your hobbies and interests?
Where do you see yourself in 2 years time?

Not in that order, and i think there are a couple more..

good luck.
Reply 998
Wow. thanks for that. i noticed you work in westfield i work in the superdrug. massive store you work in. I still remembered you and m and s in some mad conspiracy closed on new years. i had to stomach a superdrug sandwich that day:lolwut:
Reply 999
jjgoth
Check again! Bonus figure will be announced at 9.30am on Wednesday 11 March.

Apolgies I read the wrong date on Partnerconnect.

Sorry :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending