The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
LVLV23
I live in wood green. South woodford is a bit too far to travel to from tottenham. Did you apply for the barnet branch aswell?

yeah but they rejected me even before the job had closed. Did you get into that job?
Reply 1381
I got rejected aswell. My friend who works in the Holloway branch said people who dont live locally to Barnet got rejected.
Reply 1382
this south woodford job has been going for over a week now.Im hoping ive bene put through to the interviews. If not then all that wait was for nothing.
Reply 1383
zik256
this south woodford job has been going for over a week now.Im hoping ive bene put through to the interviews. If not then all that wait was for nothing.

Don't you hate it when they take so long to reply, I hate the wait, I just want to know.
I've applied for a job at Waitrose and have been waiting over a week now, I chased it up and the personell manager said she'd been on holiday and is starting to look through them now, so hopefully not too much longer before I get a reply :smile:
You lot need to learn some patience. My application and interview process took over 3 months from start to finish and i was the first in my group to get the job
craigie22
You lot need to learn some patience. My application and interview process took over 3 months from start to finish and i was the first in my group to get the job

Do you know what "Application in Progress" means, because I got this email sent to my other account saying I was successful however my status for it is "Application in Progress"...
Twirlingtowardsfreedom
I can understand your situation and am sorry to hear you were made redundant. But do you not think that you are a little bit TOO qualified for this job. How are students like me meant to compete with you for this kind of job? You could so get a well paid job with your MA and work experience, whereas I couldn't. These low skill jobs are the only kind of jobs that students can get these days.
Best of luck with the job hunting anyway.

I am applying for a full-time position. How am I preventing a student from getting a job?

I have applied for over 100 jobs since being made redundant. It's not easy to find one even with my qualifications. One job I applied for had over 300 applicants.

I understand that students want jobs too. But I have mouths to feed, a mortgage to pay, council tax to pay. I'll take what I'm offered and in this dog-eat-dog world if that means a student loses out then that's life and good preparation for the real world of work.
Reply 1387
Whitterz
Don't you hate it when they take so long to reply, I hate the wait, I just want to know.
I've applied for a job at Waitrose and have been waiting over a week now, I chased it up and the personell manager said she'd been on holiday and is starting to look through them now, so hopefully not too much longer before I get a reply :smile:

Did you apply for south woodford aswell?
Anyone working in Waitrose worked for Sainsburys before? I hate it at Sainsburys and just wondering if Waitrose is any better or if all supermarket work is the same..
Lucy King
Honestly you will be taking on enough without the pressure of extra hours at the moment, as as already said 90% of the overtime would have already been taken, and sales drop massively during the summer due to holidays etc.

You can ask to be till trained but you probably will be anyway in time.

Whereas in our branch our sales almost double during the summer and there is tons of overtime to be had. Thankyou tourists.
Reply 1390
Misteryom
Whereas in our branch our sales almost double during the summer and there is tons of overtime to be had. Thankyou tourists.

Lol, ours go pratically half due to the majourity of SW London/Surrey going on holidays, and yours double due to the tourist trade.
Has there been a change in the emails usually sent in regard to the online application. I have applied a year ago and normally there was one automated email stating they have received the application, then an email either stating they were inviting you to an interview or one saying they are not considering the application any further. Since last week maybe I have been sent two emails saying they are considering my application...

Is anyone aware of the new process?
zik256
Me and my brother both applied for it and recieved an email on saturday saying our applications are being considered further and they would be in contact shortly. Its tuesday and no phone call, status change or email.

Where abouts do you live? I live in tottenham which is about 40mins away from the branch.

i work at westfield in shepherds bush and i live in camden, it takes me 45 minutes and i know other partners who live further from our branch.

I think as long as you can make it in on time, usually within an hour and clearly know your route, then they will consider you.
Reply 1393
XCRUSHESX
Has there been a change in the emails usually sent in regard to the online application. I have applied a year ago and normally there was one automated email stating they have received the application, then an email either stating they were inviting you to an interview or one saying they are not considering the application any further. Since last week maybe I have been sent two emails saying they are considering my application...

Is anyone aware of the new process?

Thats also happened to me over this week. Ive receieved an email from south woodfrod and kensington today. Has anyone else recieved an email for waitrose kensington?
zik256

To be honest, I doubt you will - Waitrose South Woodford are not even taking back old workers and are being very stingy with hours. I think they probably have around one postion going if any at all. Often they advertise and dont hire.
mollymustard
To be honest, I doubt you will - Waitrose South Woodford are not even taking back old workers and are being very stingy with hours. I think they probably have around one postion going if any at all. Often they advertise and dont hire.

Or they could be doing what my branch is and lining up candidates for the uni students leaving in september rather than starting them over the summer months
craigie22
Or they could be doing what my branch is and lining up candidates for the uni students leaving in september rather than starting them over the summer months

Yeah I can see what you mean, but they are trying to cut back everyones hours and havnt been replacing people when they have left. What section was the vacancy on?
Reply 1397
mollymustard
Yeah I can see what you mean, but they are trying to cut back everyones hours and havnt been replacing people when they have left. What section was the vacancy on?

The sections at fresh foods for suth woodford.
Ugh, I got rejected. I suspect it's because I'm going back to university in September, though I was told it was a three month contract when I applied. I suppose because it takes three months just to hire someone, there's not much point taking university students.
BUT, I'm really not impressed with the personnel manager. I emailed back to ask why I'd been rejected (just so I could get confirmation) and she hasn't replied. It's been two and a half weeks. So much for 'amazing' customer service eh?! :frown: Oh well, 4 other interviews to look forward to...
Reply 1399
i just got told to book an appointment for a group assessment at crouch end. I want to why what would i be doing for 2.5hours? and what should i wear?

Latest

Trending

Trending