The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Leighthesim
With regards to the health thing they will only ask to check there are no health issues and check you don't bite your nails that is all

:eek: Will they really do all the health stuff again, despite having done it with me before?
I was never given the chance to were
a tabard but I wouldn't want to,

all they will do about health stuff is check what you said on the form was correct and present unless they went through it indetail at the group interview but all I was asked, was did you have to say yes for any of the questions about illness, and did i bite my nails that is all at the second interview.
Reply 1582
Lucy King
Hi, everyone. I am about to start "compling" an un official guide to "Getting A Job at Waitrose" and I need your help.

Please could you PM me with your views, on

a) the job (your views, your positves, your negatives)
b) the interview process (how did it go for you, how long did it take, what did you do in your group interview)
c)the partnership what are your views, on the partnership and the benefits it offers
d) the uniform (Old, Intermim, New) (What do you really think of it)

and anything else you wish to add.

I would also like to hear from anybody who applied and got rejected as I would like to hear your views.

Lucy

I am going to start and hopefully fiinish this over the weekend/early part of next week, if anybody else has anything else to add, please PM me.

Lucy
I sent you in some answers.

But I have two other questions
1- why does my section(fresh food) never have any over time despite there being people off on holiday? I have asked my sm an asm's load of times ad try keep saying either there is none or they will phone but they haven't phone me.
2- is there anyway I could get my nose peirced and still keep my job? Cause I have wanted to do it for ages and was going to get it done but then realised I might not be allowed it for work, I was going to ask my sm but I forgot and I think he'd just say 'why do you want to do that'
1) I work fresh, and we have LOADS of overtime - just depends on the SM/ASM - they may sort holidayt cover in advance.
2) Ermmm no :P
Woo! Had my interview, it went okay, I think. Hopefully I'll get a job. She said she'd put me on hold whatever though.
Reply 1586
I have an interview today for dry goods at my local Waitrose branch. I'm wondering if this will be a group interview or 1-1 as the email I received has not specified which. I also have not had a telephone interview.

What sort of questions should I expect to be asked? Im guessing for ones along the lines of... why do you want to work for Waitrose? and How would Waitrose benefit from your employment? Would it also be a good idea to read up on the partnership and all the different benefits employees get etc?

Thanks
XST
I have an interview today for dry goods at my local Waitrose branch. I'm wondering if this will be a group interview or 1-1 as the email I received has not specified which. I also have not had a telephone interview.

What sort of questions should I expect to be asked? Im guessing for ones along the lines of... why do you want to work for Waitrose? and How would Waitrose benefit from your employment? Would it also be a good idea to read up on the partnership and all the different benefits employees get etc?

Thanks

Were you asked to book a specific time? If not, then I imagine there's no group interview, and just a 1-2-1. However, a 1-2-1 will be different than mine, as it will probably be far more depthy.

But the questions will be along those lines, yeah, and they will also ask you what you're doing, what do you want to do after (like uni) etc.
Reply 1588
RedRevolver
Were you asked to book a specific time? If not, then I imagine there's no group interview, and just a 1-2-1. However, a 1-2-1 will be different than mine, as it will probably be far more depthy.

But the questions will be along those lines, yeah, and they will also ask you what you're doing, what do you want to do after (like uni) etc.

Well I had it today and I think it went pretty well (: It was quite informal and I was asked what I'm going to be doing at school, my hobbies etc. Then I was shown around the the shop and the isles on which I would be working. Seems completely different to all the other interviews people have had..
Sounds quite strange, we had 300 people apply for the positions in our waitrose so we had all three stages of the interview but sounds as if you did well we did that in the group interview and then it was the same kind of thing in the one to one as you had but
with out the tour (as I already know the shop and had been shown the store rooms already) but I hope you get the job you want, which branch is it?? I work in dorking (107)
Reply 1590
I have my second interview in a couple of days time for a position at the service counters with the section manager. Can anyone give me some advice, like what is going to happen? What sort of things might I be asked? etcetc.
Thanks.
Reply 1591
just wondering how much notice you have to give if you want a holiday?
whitterz- the interview with your section manager will be so they can get to know you and so you can meet the figure of authority over you (in the case of mine that is quite litteral due to my sm's height) they will also confirm when you work and make sure you understand dress codes and stuff, as to what they will ask/do it will depend on what happened in the group interview, you may be given a tour of the branch, and you will likely be asked about your hobbys/achievements.

Breezey- when i wanted a day off i asked them about 2 weeks before but they like to be asked as soon as possible do they can arrange some one to cover so it will depend on your sm/ asm/ dm (who ever you have to ask, i had to go to my asm who then checked with the sm as there were two others on my section off at that time)
Reply 1593
I've just applied for a part time temporary position on fresh foods. My hours are weekends only and i've never had a proper paying job before. My only experience is volunteering in a charity shop for a few months and work experience in the citizens advice bureau. I'll be working while in full time education, what are my chances? Are people like me rarely considered for a job?

Thanks in advance, i apologise if these questions have been asked before (i haven't read through the thread)
Reply 1594
I'm sure they will consider you Pixels. Waitrose was my first paid job aswell. The only previous work experience i had was in health & social care and that was voluntary.

I hate working on fresh foods. I'm always doing juices.. I know shelf stacking isn't the most exciting job in the world but i would like a bit more variety. Also working by myself from 8 - 10pm drags on.. sigh.

Just wondering when i'll receive my discount card and how discount we get? & When do we get paid this month? Last month i got paid on the 23rd.. is this normal?
breezey
I'm sure they will consider you Pixels. Waitrose was my first paid job aswell. The only previous work experience i had was in health & social care and that was voluntary.

I hate working on fresh foods. I'm always doing juices.. I know shelf stacking isn't the most exciting job in the world but i would like a bit more variety. Also working by myself from 8 - 10pm drags on.. sigh.

Just wondering when i'll receive my discount card and how discount we get? & When do we get paid this month? Last month i got paid on the 23rd.. is this normal?

I work fresh too, I quite like it - I tend to do a lot of yogurts and prepacked deli - I don't mind it really. Have you been trained on reductions?If you work evenings, you could ask about doing seconds, to get a bit of variety. You've got facing up as well (this drags for me).

Discount card is after 3 months, and its 12% to start - check out partnerconnect for more info. According to pconnect its 26th we are paid, cut off yesterday.
breezey

I know how you feel, I always end up doing juice and the cages are too heavey for me and when I can get the cage in the goods lift I can only just pull them across the shop floor ( most the time some one sees me struggling and pushes it a bit to help). But i also work untill ten and am alone on the isle from about half seven, or when ever everyone as left and no ones on door duty, night fill on fresh foods is fun!! *rolls eyes* Face up is the worst, I always end up with cold hands and then have to get a cage an that is cold so my fingers go numb and end up trying to warm up my fingers for the rest of my shift, but the most annoying things i do is soup (as they come in a box of 10 but only like 5 go out) and butter because the boxes are so heavy and annoying, and our sm makes us park the cage too far away. Ham is also annoying because it is always a mess and you have to sort out the shelf before you can put it out. But I would rather be woorking fresh then anywhere else, cause checkouts is boring and so is dry goods and then the freezers are too cold.

We get discount after three months ad we are paid on the 26th this month.
Reply 1597
Woohoo 9 days to go then :smile:, thanks for the info. :biggrin:
I've not been trained to use the gun thingy. So no reductions/ stock checking for me. :frown:
I don't mind facing up. At least my arms don't ache from it.

Also how do i get the username/password for partnerconnect? I've not been told about it.
breezey
Woohoo 9 days to go then :smile:, thanks for the info. :biggrin:
I've not been trained to use the gun thingy. So no reductions/ stock checking for me. :frown:
Also how do i get the username/password for partnerconnect? I've not been told about it.

You just have to speak to your ASM/SM for the username and password
Hi.. I know this probably has been answered but I really don't want to go through 80pages of this thread! I've got my induction tomorrow, but in the guide it says you wear your uniform. I've not got mine? (is it meant to be posted or..??) So what do I wear?

Thank you!

Latest

Trending

Trending