The Student Room Group

Identity Management - Modelling Platform Scam or Genuine?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Ccciuma
For all who get scammed and paid with debit card, go to your branch and ask them to initiate a chargebach, explain them the whole situation and they will help you to get your money back, this is what happened to me and fortunately with success!

Did you get the money you paid for the packages or did your only get your photoshoot reservation money?
Reply 241
Original post by Geoff132
I had to pay £500 on the day for her portfolio..... :-( :-(

Just for info, I didn't know that she was going......

I am on the same boat, what did you end up doing? and how did you get out of the contract?
Reply 242
Original post by Neilos
Sorry to say, but they probably go through around 10 people per day. Promise them the same things. There just aren't enough jobs for all those people - whatever guarantees they gave are worthless.

The same thing has happened to me I want to know how you guys got out of it. I have already paid 500 pounds and I signed a contract to pay total of around 2000 pounds. Please advise me on how to go about this.
Reply 243
Original post by Helper1234
Hello, i hope i can help anyone that reads this post, I used to work at "ID Model Management" Please read the article below Everything in this article is real - The owner Oliver James now Oliver Valiyev is a scammer and so is the company

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-teenagers-dream-becoming-model-11612577

Also involved in the scam is Hannah And Gisela

The people at the studio are also involved.

The people that call you to book you in are not involved! We thought it was a legit job and we get told by the managers that it is real but you soon get to see what is really happening.

Do not pay for any portfolios or any deposits they ask for

What can I do if I signed a contract and paid a deposit? please someone help me.
Original post by marsay
The same thing has happened to me I want to know how you guys got out of it. I have already paid 500 pounds and I signed a contract to pay total of around 2000 pounds. Please advise me on how to go about this.

I'm not sure whether the fact they approached you online gives you this protection, but if you signed less than 14 days ago, this Citizens Advice page might be worth looking at. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/changed-your-mind/cancelling-a-service-youve-arranged/

Other than that - first report to the police via Action Fraud, then contact your bank to see if there's anything they can do to cancel it.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
Hello , would you be able to tell me how you got your money back from paypal?
Please I’m a recent victim
Sadly they are still operating and for the most part getting away with it. They use false advertising and misinformation and finally pressure tactics to get you to pay for over priced poor quality portfolios under the pretence getting you into the glamorous world of modelling. Avoid like the plague!
A word of warning to anyone being approached by a modelling platform using the names Identity Management - ID Models, I'm pretty sure they also use other names. They are setting up test shoots under the pretence of getting you started on a modelling career, it's all fake, they are just after your money for useless poor quality images. They give you a load of fake information about this glowing modelling career you will have with them, then use pressure tactics to get you to pay for the portfolio and then you're left to it. No online profile, no jobs no communication. These scams are known and it's even been featured on Which consumer rights website. There are other companies using the same tactics so please do your research before signing up to anything. There are reviews on feefo and trustpilot for similar scams and if you have been a victim you should report it. These criminals need to be stopped.
Reply 249
Original post by Retro_21
A word of warning to anyone being approached by a modelling platform using the names Identity HwllManagement - ID Models, I'm pretty sure they also use other names. They are setting up test shoots under the pretence of getting you started on a modelling career, it's all fake, they are just after your money for useless poor quality images. They give you a load of fake information about this glowing modelling career you will have with them, then use pressure tactics to get you to pay for the portfolio and then you're left to it. No online profile, no jobs no communication. These scams are known and it's even been featured on Which consumer rights website. There are other companies using the same tactics so please do your research before signing up to anything. There are reviews on feefo and trustpilot for similar scams and if you have been a victim you should report it. These criminals need to be stopped.

Hello, I am a foreigner and I have been scammed by them. I don't know what is the next step I should take. I have made an initial payment and signed a contract to pay them every month. I canceled my debit card that I have set up with them. I was wondering where can I report this problem and is there any legal way I can get my money back in the UK?
Original post by marsay
Hello, I am a foreigner and I have been scammed by them. I don't know what is the next step I should take. I have made an initial payment and signed a contract to pay them every month. I canceled my debit card that I have set up with them. I was wondering where can I report this problem and is there any legal way I can get my money back in the UK?

Hi I'm sorry you have had the same experience, what are the names of the people you dealt with and when did this happen? You can report this to Action Fraud and also trading standards. You should be able to get your money back, easier if you used a credit card so contact them and explain that you've been scammed. The financial ombudsmen service is a final option. There are many reviews on trustpilot about similar scams, they use different names but it's the same scam. I am curious to know what your experience was so please share if you wish to. I want to expose these criminals.
Reply 251
Hi I'm sorry you have had the same experience, what are the names of the people you dealt with and when did this happen? You can report this to Action Fraud and also trading standards. You should be able to get your money back, easier if you used a credit card so contact them and explain that you've been scammed. The financial ombudsmen service is a final option. There are many reviews on trustpilot about similar scams, they use different names but it's the same scam. I am curious to know what your experience was so please share if you wish to. I want to expose these criminals.

I recieved a phone call from a girl named Joh saying that she is from Identity Management Model and that they like my pictures and I am one of the very few people that they chose and that they want me to come for a test photoshoot. She told me that I had to pay a refundable £75 now to reserve my photoshoot place. I told her I would do that and call her back but she said that if I closed the phone she would disregard my application, she said I have to pay while I was on the phone with her and right now. I was pressured to not lose this "opportunity" so I stayed with her on the line and she sent me a link that I payed through Paypal. She said the only way to get that money back is for me to attend and finish the photoshoot on the 10th of october. They kept saying "Make sure you bring the card you paid your deposit with so we can authorise your booking deposit." On the 10th of October I went to the photoshoot in London. As I arrived on batman street, I couldn't find their place then a woman came up to me called Lydia and asked me if I was here for the photoshoot so I said yes, and she walked me down a basement where they took my bag and asked me to sit in a room and wait for someone to talk to me. They told me I was not allowed to take pictures at all with my phone. After waiting for about 30 mins a woman came up to me and told me to sign papers on the spot, then we walked to a place where there was a table with my clothes on them set up for me to wear. The photoshoot went on for about 4 hours, After I finished, Lydia came and told me that I have succeeded in the photoshoot and that I am one of the few people that pass this test. She told me I would get so many jobs and asked me to pay to start a portfolio for me. They told me if I leave without paying they would delete my photos, I wasn't able to get back to them later, I had to make the decision on spot. Told them I wasn't able to pay so she set up a contract that I would pay for 4 months and the total would be around £2000. With so much pressure I ended up paying £500 and when I left and read this page that's when I realized that I have been sammed. I contacted the Action Fraud. Anyone gone through this and was able to get their money back?
Hi, I have been scammed recently, so which are the next steps to do?. Thanks
Looks like I’ve been scammed too I’m fuming I chucked all my money into this even borrowed so it could go ahead and got told they would be in touch basically I went for a photo shoot in London on the 25 th July and got told they said I passed got get over 30 and I got 55 so we’ll over I was so happy it cost quite abit for something I won free off fb but I enjoyed my day and came away broke but still happy I msg aiden as got told he was my new manager and spoke to him to go through things then two or three weeks after a lady called Tanya rang me saying she works at career models and I was the perfect girl she needed but to be in with her I needed pay another sum of money and she said she would be in touch in afew weeks I give it a month so I emailed got nothing I rang aiden still got nothing and I’ve been trying since August and all I get his a voice msg saying dnt leave a msg just email me and I av been thought it was going so well I had my pics sent frm the shoot and z card got told I was paying for a portfolio to be done and since everything paid in full avnt had anything back my heart is ripped and I’m not happy
Original post by Katrinekojouri
Any success?

No not yet, because of covid.
Reply 255
Original post by Nofixedadress
It is for sure a scam . Don’t fall for it ! My son did a deposit of £50 without my knowledge, and I did some research on my site . This company Identity Management, does not have a legit Adress or website. The photo shoots take place in a photostudio where they pressure sell you their overpriced portfolios . They do not have any relationships to model agencies or fashion companies. They just want to sell you worthless photo portfolios . We fortunately got the £50 pounds back from Paypal . The real Bummer is , that these scammers are still in the legal , and just try to convince you to pay a deposit and then pay up for better photos . They play with the confidence and trust of young people . If you send them an email calling them out , they threaten you .
And btw, no professional would ever call a future prospect „Hun“ in an written conversation, EVER !

Hi im in a similar situation currently, what did you day to Paypal to get the money back? I am currently in the process of that.
I completed some random survey online from online models looking for older models. I was eventually contacted by some Precelyn, so called Taniya Model Network.co.uk Personal Assistant to Valentina Voza, so called Director of Online Models. Being a victim of scam recently, I started to investigate the company and my results left much to be desired. Then Valentina kept calling back and forth when I started questioning her about the legitimacy of the company and its registration. She tried pressuring me into paying £50 to book a photo shoot but I never did. I enquired about paying on arrival and was told that option was not possible. So I said I get back to them. I further went to put the address of the company 9 Batemen Street, Soho, London, W1D 4AQ and google said that the company is temporarily closed. Even their so called Trading name DIGITAL FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY LTD Registered in the UK Company number 09407882, which is registered on the government page of legitimate companies was flagged by google of being closed.
(edited 1 year ago)
Sadly they are still operating and for the most part getting away with it. They use false advertising and misinformation and finally pressure tactics to get you to pay for over priced poor quality portfolios under the pretence getting you into the glamorous world of modelling. Avoid like the plague!

I have just been scammed 695 pounds. I am fighting this with my credit card and also the company. I was scammed on January 18 2024
Seems like they have been at it for years. I am seeing scam reports as far back as 2017 😲. Wonder how much money they have stolen over the years.

Quick Reply

Latest