The Student Room Group

57 great titchfield street

I have signed up to many modelling agencies but I’m not sure if I signed up to a company called commercial models I searched up and down on my history to see if I had signed up but I’m pretty sure I haven’t I received a call saying my application was successful and I would need to call my mum to secure my place and do my shoot on an organised day but I would have to pay a £50 deposit which seemed quite fair but something didn’t really feel right. So I googled about the place and found a student room comment saying that the place where you would do the shoot was a scam and was on bbc news however I have seen a few good reviews about the place but it all seems like a scam and I’m worried for my safety as the place looks very sketchy. If you have any more information on the place then please message me.
So there's a BBC news article calling it a scam, vs, a few good reviews?
Original post by chocolate_fan

Original post by Saron400
I have signed up to many modelling agencies but I’m not sure if I signed up to a company called commercial models I searched up and down on my history to see if I had signed up but I’m pretty sure I haven’t I received a call saying my application was successful and I would need to call my mum to secure my place and do my shoot on an organised day but I would have to pay a £50 deposit which seemed quite fair but something didn’t really feel right. So I googled about the place and found a student room comment saying that the place where you would do the shoot was a scam and was on bbc news however I have seen a few good reviews about the place but it all seems like a scam and I’m worried for my safety as the place looks very sketchy. If you have any more information on the place then please message me.

Did u heard back from them ?
Original post by chocolate_fan

I understand why so many women get scammed by these agencies now.
Original post by DiddyDec
I understand why so many women get scammed by these agencies now.

harsh but...
I mean...
It's the BBC News!! :biggrin: Those few good reviews could literally be written by the people running the scam lol
Reply 5

Are you with any of the following?

https://www.models1.co.uk/

https://www.premiermodelmanagement.com/

https://www.stormmanagement.com/

https://www.selectmodel.com/

All four are top modelling agencies, established for a long time and have great reputations.

When the people who run them are interviewed, one thing they say is that they never, ever ask for money from models. Because they have been in the industry for a long time, they look at a potential candidate and they know immediately whether he/she has 'the look' and they know that the model is going to earn a lot of money for the agency. Good agencies never ask for money.

They take their own photos in the agency, they don't need models to arrive with 'portfolios'.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey sweet I've just done the same I'm always applying for modeling jobs as it what I want to do like you , could you tell me if it's a scam or not ?? Hope it isn't for both are safety and wellbeing and money don't come easy at all and people like that make advantage of young girls dreams
(edited 3 years ago)

4 minutes ago

Hey sweet I've just done the same I'm always applying for modeling jobs as it what I want to do like you , could you tell me if it's a scam or not ?? Hope it isn't for both are safety and wellbeing and money don't come easy at all and people like that make advantage of young girls dreams
Reply 8
Is this company under visual studios I’ve got. Address which matches above I had a shoot in Birmingham I pay over 1000 nd nev received my photos
Original post by Loobylu7
Is this company under visual studios I’ve got. Address which matches above I had a shoot in Birmingham I pay over 1000 nd nev received my photos

They frequently change their name/entity to avoid people googling them.

Did you pay via card?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending