The Student Room Group

Identity Management - Modelling Platform Scam or Genuine?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi, if u wanna report count on me! I think if we all together report it and let the authorities know, we can do something!
Original post by noaxgaby
I fell for the same trap, I am now realising everything was too good to be true

Have you paid off the photos and sent them to the manager? Or are you in the same stage as us?
Original post by noaxgaby
I fell for the same trap, I am now realising everything was too good to be true

Oh come on guys, what’s the worst thing that can happen?? I said you are not obliged to purchase these pictures other than a portfolio as I didn’t have bad experiences with them so far.
Original post by staying focused
Oh come on guys, what’s the worst thing that can happen?? I said you are not obliged to purchase these pictures other than a portfolio as I didn’t have bad experiences with them so far.

So have you got your photos and sent them to the model manager? I’m happy to pay to get the photos but just wondering if the rest of it’s actually legit?
No, not until the new year when I have saved up enough money. What I am trying to say is that their customer service have been really friendly and they understood my concerns. So, I don’t see why they would try scamming models.
Reply 85
If someone is reporting them.

I want to add my statement too.
Original post by pearl_25
Hi guys!! I have had a call from 'Identity Management' this morning and they claimed they want to do a 'test shoot' for me so they can decide whether I am successful or not so I can then get a gateway to work with different modelling agencies. I was asked for £50 deposit which is refundable after the test shoot. I received a couple of emails which doesn't seem to have any signature on it. The company is registered as 'Lost Media Limited' under Reg no. 09848881 and I have done my research to check under companies house it appears to be a dormant company with '£1 investment'. I have read heaps of your comments so thanks for this forum I just wanted to know am I understanding this correctly this is defiantly a 'SCAM'. But still taking my chances to write here to see what you have to say and are there any any chances of it being genuine (hate when someone plays like this with your DREAMS with ugly SCAMS!!!). Please advise.

Hey, unfortunately it is a scam. They will send you to a studio in Soho for a photo shoot where you are required to take 7 different outfits. It takes around three hours, they do your hair and makeup. It all seems very legit. That’s because the studio is, but identity management isn’t. (The studio is rented) You are then interviewed and they will tell you that you need 30 photos to get the job, they’ll then say “Unfortunately, you didn’t get 30, you got 50”. You then get shown a list of portfolio prices which they expect you to pay up front. I paid £675 for a portfolio of 50 photos, which was the cheapest option. None the of the names on the paperwork match up (I discovered this after). My receipt is for someone called Datestyle. I am yet to receive my portfolio, but I have spoken to others and they did receive there’s. It’s just extremely overpriced and the quality is not great. Unfortunately what they are doing is not illegal. Unless you can get a recording of them specifically saying that they are employing you. My phone had decided to meltdown that day so I couldn’t. But if you look on their website, all they do is send your portfolio off to actual modelling agencies. Which is something you can do yourself. My “Agent” that was assigned to me, gave me his card and his email address .... Literally wrote **** on his email address on his business card. Definitely not legit.... So I wouldn’t go if I were you. The experience on the day was fantastic because the studio staff are all really nice, but they are just a money scam. You’re better off paying a photographer local to you to take some professional head shots and applying to actual agencies if modelling is something that you want to do... Models1 is a good agency.
Original post by staying focused
No, not until the new year when I have saved up enough money. What I am trying to say is that their customer service have been really friendly and they understood my concerns. So, I don’t see why they would try scamming models.

I agree, it’s been a really lovely experience from my end and even if it doesn’t work out with the model manager, the portfolio we’d get out of it at the end is gonna be incredible! Good luck! And please can you let me know how it goes for you in the new year once you have your photos? 😊
Original post by Magjam
If someone is reporting them.

I want to add my statement too.

What actually is your statement if you don’t mind me asking?
Reply 89
I was scamed for £275. like everyone here. I already wrote that somewhere in this discussion.. So I wont be writting this again, but I am happy to repporting when needed. I was trying to report that myself but apparently it isnt easy case and I dont have much due to having 3 children.
Reply 90
Original post by Magjam
I was scamed for £275. like everyone here. I already wrote that somewhere in this discussion.. So I wont be writting this again, but I am happy to repporting when needed. I was trying to report that myself but apparently it isnt easy case and I dont have much due to having 3 children.

omg a lucky escape for my daughter thanking you all for writing your experiences as thats what alerted me after having all the sales pitch by Louis. No proper website links and talking of money within 5 minutes of his written speech and talking of being shortlisted and urgency by 4pm deadlines etc all sounded suspicious. This is a definite scam and feel sorry for those that have lost their money and been conned by Louis and Aiden. Its just not the case to be charged for photos and it will most definitely not lead to any work. I have reported to BBC Watchdog. Anywhere else - trading standards?
I went there a few weeks ago and bought my portfolio. Everyone was so nice and friendly at the studio. So far adien has been great and has been giving me loads of stuff to do. He has even sent me a couple of agencies. Are he isn't real?
Reply 92
Original post by hhope987
I went there a few weeks ago and bought my portfolio. Everyone was so nice and friendly at the studio. So far adien has been great and has been giving me loads of stuff to do. He has even sent me a couple of agencies. Are he isn't real?

No one should buy a portfolio - end of! They are giving you false hope of a modelling career that just won't come to fruition (with them at least!) charging up to £2500 too!! Its a horrendous scam and obviously they are in cahoots with the photography studio to get their cut even though they claim they don't sell portfolios. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I HAVE REPORTED TO BBC WATCHDOG
Original post by hazlerl
No one should buy a portfolio - end of! They are giving you false hope of a modelling career that just won't come to fruition (with them at least!) charging up to £2500 too!! Its a horrendous scam and obviously they are in cahoots with the photography studio to get their cut even though they claim they don't sell portfolios. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I HAVE REPORTED TO BBC WATCHDOG

Why have all the agencies ive spoken to asked me to show them my portfolio? i dont understand how i would do that if i dont buy one?
Reply 94
Original post by hazlerl

Having read other post on Lost Media Ltd the company behind Identity Management with false photos etc can see there have been new accounts/false posts set up extolling this as genuine! Please dont be misled its a SCAM of epic proportions. Also on other post its recommended you report on https://reporting.actionfraud.police.uk/login - report to paypal/credit card/social media etc anything just don't let these b^%$£"!^ get away with it!
Original post by hhope987

That’s so good to hear from someone who’s actually received the portfolio and moved to the next stage! Glad to hear that Aiden is actually helping you what kind of agencies has he put you in touch with?
Reply 96
I would be nice and friendly if you wanted to give me £600 plus too! Please note guys like the other post discussing this scam a year ago from Lost Media ltd there are several new accounts having been setup recently that coincidentally seem very supportive of this scam!
Reply 97
Original post by hazlerl
omg a lucky escape for my daughter thanking you all for writing your experiences as thats what alerted me after having all the sales pitch by Louis. No proper website links and talking of money within 5 minutes of his written speech and talking of being shortlisted and urgency by 4pm deadlines etc all sounded suspicious. This is a definite scam and feel sorry for those that have lost their money and been conned by Louis and Aiden. Its just not the case to be charged for photos and it will most definitely not lead to any work. I have reported to BBC Watchdog. Anywhere else - trading standards?

yes please and I am up for giving my statemeny as I said before.

trading standards will be Westminster I think. as of location this scamers
Reply 98
Original post by Magjam
yes please and I am up for giving my statemeny as I said before.

trading standards will be Westminster I think. as of location this scamers

Girls i payed 125£ as deposit and now i dont wanna pay anymore (400£) i dont even care about the portfolio anymore. I emailed to the head office this women called “katy” and she s practically forcing me to buy it, I just wanna cancel the whole thing including the direct debit, but it s not showing on my banking online, do u know if there is any other way to cancel a direct debit?
Original post by Merrydew
That’s so good to hear from someone who’s actually received the portfolio and moved to the next stage! Glad to hear that Aiden is actually helping you what kind of agencies has he put you in touch with?

A few different agents and a couple of casting companies as well. I have a meeting with one of them next week.

Quick Reply

Latest