The Student Room Group

Could not pay IHS Fee while applying for Graduate Dependent Visa

Hi, I have applied for Graduate Visa recently and my application got submitted successfully. However, while applying for my husband through the Graduate Dependent route the IHS Fee showed as 0 GBP. We thought that it may pop up later. But finally, we couldn't pay IHS Fee. We have got the IHS Reference number anyway. We have a few suspects:1. We have selected 1 for the question How many people are applying with you? in Graduate Visa Application. Should we give 2(Main Applicant and Dependant)? 2. In the Graduate Visa Application, the IHS Payment page showed that You don't have any dependents though we have filled Dependant details in the application.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What was ur answer for the question ' what is the expiry date of the visa of the person u accompanying with.? The IHS FEE is calculated based on that date. You would have given the expiry date of the current visa which is expirng soon and they calculated based on that date. You need to assume the expiry date of the main applicant visa and put that date in order to get the correct IHS FEE. Infact it is a silly question which they need to change. You don't need to worry if u have paid the wrong amount, they will mail u to pay the correct amount so that they can process ur application.Thanks
What was ur answer for the question ' what is the expiry date of the visa of the person u accompanying with.? The IHS FEE is calculated based on that date. You would have given the expiry date of the current visa which is expirng soon and they calculated based on that date. You need to assume the expiry date of the main applicant visa and put that date in order to get the correct IHS FEE. Infact it is a silly question which they need to change. You don't need to worry if u have paid the wrong amount, they will mail u to pay the correct amount so that they can process ur application.Thanks
I am trying to apply my graduate visa as well but I stopped once it showed " You don't have any dependents" and started researching on it and found that
1) You will get a correct amount by link provided to your mail once the application is about to process
2) First the main applicant should apply for the graduate route and once successful should apply for the dependent where you can mention the expiry date of the latest BRP and the correct amount is calculated.
Please suggest me which process is appropriate.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
In my case, i have followed Approach.1 where a topup link was sent to me separately and I have paid the fee through that link and my application is successful.
I think we can go with Approach.2 if we have enough time before our current visa expires. In my case, i didn't have much time.
Hi Kishore,Thanks for the quick response, Can you please tell me how many days will it take to get the BRP so that we can plan accordingly by the way, we have still 2 months of visa, is the time enough to go with approach 2.
Reply 6
Original post by Sruthi reddy
Hi Kishore,Thanks for the quick response, Can you please tell me how many days will it take to get the BRP so that we can plan accordingly by the way, we have still 2 months of visa, is the time enough to go with approach 2.

Hi Sruthi,

We have applied on 6th Nov 21 and We have got the decision mail on 23rd Nov 21. However, we are yet to receive our BRP's through the post.
As per my understanding, it is taking 1-2 weeks for the decision mail and additional 7-10 days for brp (For some students it took less than a week). Maybe you can apply in your last month of expiry.

If you want to utilize the entire period of your current visa I would suggest Approach.1, else you can go with Approach.2 so that there won't be any confusion.If you are going with Approach.2 I would suggest to start applying bit early for the main applicant.
Thank you so much Kishore it really helped me in understanding the entire process.
Hi Kishore and Sruthi,Thank you so much for sharing information. I'm having the same problem for applying dependent visa for my husband. When I input my current brp IHS requested me to pay only 312 gbp.So, based on my understanding from your discussion, I can pay 312 gbp first and then IHS will let me make another payment to pay correct amount via email? So I can proceed as it is now? Could you please let me know?I really really appreciate your help.Thank you.Sophia
Reply 9
Original post by sophiahan516
Hi Kishore and Sruthi,Thank you so much for sharing information. I'm having the same problem for applying dependent visa for my husband. When I input my current brp IHS requested me to pay only 312 gbp.So, based on my understanding from your discussion, I can pay 312 gbp first and then IHS will let me make another payment to pay correct amount via email? So I can proceed as it is now? Could you please let me know?I really really appreciate your help.Thank you.Sophia

Hi Sophianhan,

Yes, the amount is calculated based on the visa expiry date of the main applicant (Student). You can proceed with the payment. The home office will send a top-up link for the remaining IHS amount to be paid if any. Which was the case for me as well.

Just make sure you have given the correct details of your current visa while making the application.

Regards,
Kishore.
Did you get any confirmation mail from home office? I have applied on December 12th for me and my wife and still waiting for the decision?
Original post by sophiahan516

Did you get any confirmation mail from home office? I have applied on December 12th for me and my wife and still waiting for the decision?
Original post by meseby4u

Hey, can you let us know once you get the decision on your application? Me and husband have applied on 2nd Jan and waiting for a decision.
Did you get the decision?
Hi Kishore,
I am following the Approach 1 too. I am the main applicant and applying for my dependent partner with mine. Even I received "You don't have any dependents" message. So, I just paid my IHS. However after proceeding, even the visa application fee is showing just 700 (for 1 person) instead of 1400 (for main + dependent). Should I go ahead and pay just 700 for my visa fee (and wait for the link of correct amount later)? Did you pay 700 or 1400 at the time of application? Please reply urgently.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hello. I have the same doubt. I am on student dependent visa. My husband is trying to apply for Graduate visa. So the IHS charge page shows you don't have any dependant. Our brp expires on 31/5/2022. So need to apply together now. What can be done now?
Original post by kishorekrvl
Hi, I have applied for Graduate Visa recently and my application got submitted successfully. However, while applying for my husband through the Graduate Dependent route the IHS Fee showed as 0 GBP. We thought that it may pop up later. But finally, we couldn't pay IHS Fee. We have got the IHS Reference number anyway. We have a few suspects:1. We have selected 1 for the question How many people are applying with you? in Graduate Visa Application. Should we give 2(Main Applicant and Dependant)? 2. In the Graduate Visa Application, the IHS Payment page showed that You don't have any dependents though we have filled Dependant details in the application.

Hi Kishore,

Same thing happened to me. IHS fee showed as 0 GBP and application fee is 710 GBP. I have paid application fee. My visa will expire on 31 May, 2022. What will happen next? Does Home office will send IHS payment link in separate email?

What do I need to do?

Thanks.
Hi Kishore,Same thing happened with me, I have applied for my graduate visa yesterday and I have applied my application fee 715 pounds and when it comes to IHS it was showing 0 pounds and IHS number is generated and I have booked appointment to submit by biometrics too. iam scared if it affects my application . as I didnt pay the IHS amount as it was showing 0 pounds.Please let me know if you find any solution.Regards,Anusha.
Hey guys. So I had the showing no dependent problem. But we just continued with the application , paid only main applicants IHS surcharge full + application fee.

Now, for the partner, I was asked to pay only 300+ pounds instead of 1200. Just proceeded with that. So they sent a top up email to pay the remainder and thats it. Visa processed. Approved in. 2-3 weeks.

Original post by Chinnu1211
Hello. I have the same doubt. I am on student dependent visa. My husband is trying to apply for Graduate visa. So the IHS charge page shows you don't have any dependant. Our brp expires on 31/5/2022. So need to apply together now. What can be done now?
Original post by sahasra
Hi Kishore,Same thing happened with me, I have applied for my graduate visa yesterday and I have applied my application fee 715 pounds and when it comes to IHS it was showing 0 pounds and IHS number is generated and I have booked appointment to submit by biometrics too. iam scared if it affects my application . as I didnt pay the IHS amount as it was showing 0 pounds.Please let me know if you find any solution.Regards,Anusha.

Hi Anusha,
I am in the same situation, I applied for a graduate visa yesterday and was only charged £715. I called the home office and they said I should receive an email with a payment link for the IHS fee.

What happened with your situation? Did you receive an email for payment?How long did it take for you to receive it? Please let me know!

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending