The Student Room Group

5 GCSES only

Can I gain admission into university of Manchester with 5 IGCSEs only (A's in all) and 3 A levels ?
Probably yeah, 5 GCSES is the minimum requirement for most universities. I hope of those 5 it includes essentials like maths eng and sci etc

Though it depends on what you apply for. Some universities use GCSE’s for ranking or point systems for some subjects like medicine
Reply 2
Original post by Alayna1234
Probably yeah, 5 GCSES is the minimum requirement for most universities. I hope of those 5 it includes essentials like maths eng and sci etc

Though it depends on what you apply for. Some universities use GCSE’s for ranking or point systems for some subjects like medicine

Will they prefer people with 9 GCSEs instead but lower predicted a level grades ?
Original post by OMG354
Will they prefer people with 9 GCSEs instead but lower predicted a level grades ?

What course are you thinking of? Most universities will just ask for five GCSES at grade 4 or above so you should be okay.
Reply 4
Original post by Hazzabear
What course are you thinking of? Most universities will just ask for five GCSES at grade 4 or above so you should be okay.

Chemical engineering
Original post by OMG354
Chemical engineering

Have you had a look at the entry requirements for chemical engineering on UCAS?

https://www.ucas.com/

Quick Reply

Latest