The Student Room Group

Worth Flying to Trinity College (Cam) for Interview?

My mum offered to pay for the flight to England so that I could have my interview with the actual tutors instead of just proxies that are coming over to Hong Kong.
The arguments for going is that since the tutors themselves are interviewing you, the impression you make will be much stronger. Also, the act of flying over shows a form of sincerity, which might push me over the top.
The argument for not going is that the proxies are unbiased and they have lots of experience, so the difference in chance will not be that large. Also we cant forget the cost of the plane trip (around 1300 pounds).

So. is it worth flying?
Reply 1
Great, the nightmare scenerio...
Ask your career advisor/teachers/principle and ask for their honest opinion whether you're truly 'qualified' or not. If you're applying to Ivy League in the US, think whether you're just aiming for an elite school or Cambridge.
But of course if your mum is paying, who cares ( :biggrin: ).
One thing though, it's almost definite that the interviews will be harder in the UK (PM me if you want some questions that some student from KGV last year had- and failed).
Reply 2
I don't think the actual flying to England will be a factor to tip you over the edge - i doubt it would be taken into consideration, to be honest. However, it would be worth coming, to see if you would like to spend 3 years here, don't you think?

Latest

Trending

Trending