The Student Room Group

A Level Choices

I'm thinking of taking:

English
History
Maths
Economics
Government & Politics

^ At AS Level. And then dropping Economics at A2 level and hopefully carrying on with the other 4. AND the Welsh Baccalaureate.

I want to do a Law and Criminology course at university...Do you think these subjects are good enough and / or will I struggle if I'm a student with potentially 5 A*/A grades at GCSE?
I think your choices sound really good to be honest!
They all compliment each other well and I think the English and History are good core subjects which will make you a strong candidate for Law and Criminology.

Just make sure you will definately be able to cope with doing 5 at once. If your a hard worker you should be able to manage pretty well though!
Reply 2
that is a good selection and they tie in together but still vary (you do essays in history whilst short answers in maths, good experience)

is there no chance of doing law at college?
i know most universities say you don't need to do it but your preferences change a lot when experiencing the subject
can u do a-level law at your school? anyways... everything seems good and fits in well with each other.
Reply 4
db5vry7772ccz28
I'm thinking of taking:

English
History
Maths
Economics
Government & Politics

^ At AS Level. And then dropping Economics at A2 level and hopefully carrying on with the other 4. AND the Welsh Baccalaureate.

I want to do a Law and Criminology course at university...Do you think these subjects are good enough and / or will I struggle if I'm a student with potentially 5 A*/A grades at GCSE?

Looks strong. :smile:
Go for it :smile:

Latest