The Student Room Group

Economics coursework.... where to start?

This is a copy of what i have to do

Assignment Task
You are employed as a group of consultants to investigate an aspect of the businesses environment in which a top FTSE 100 company operates (Note that a list of these companies can be found at http://uk.finance.yahoo.com or www.moneyworld.co.uk/stocks/ftse100), other companies can be agreed with your tutor.
In groups of up to four people (maximum) you are required to submit a report that describes and analyses the company’s economic environment. The following are suggestions of some of the issues you may wish to consider) note the issues you consider appropriate may differ according to your choice of company):
the types of resources that the company utilises to produce its product and where these resources are drawn from;
the type of product that is produced;
complementary and substitute products;
the market structure in which the firm operates;
the nature and degree of competition (e.g. the number of competitors, the market power of buyers and sellers, the existence of co-operative behaviour, the degree of non-price completion);
its pricing strategies (e.g. does the firm price discriminate? Is the price established competitively or is it fixed? Is there a price leader?);
the existence and role of regulatory bodies and how these affect the company’s behaviour;
the existence of barriers to entry;
the company’s spending on research and development;
the way government policy may impact the firm through its purchase decisions or regulation;
the possible impact of new technology (e.g. e-commerce);
any asymmetries of information and the company’s response.

In addition, your report should have, in its introduction, a brief description of the company. This should include a description of its core business and the organisational structure. A summary/conclusion should be complied by all members of the group that brings together the information that each individual has collected. A judgement must be made as to the company’s future profitability and trading opportunities.

Anyone give me an idea of what i need to do, or how i need to do it, or anything... i'm really stuck.
...but your brief is completely self-explanatory! Pick a company from the list provided, and go and analyse each of the bullet points!
Reply 2
ThePants999
...but your brief is completely self-explanatory! Pick a company from the list provided, and go and analyse each of the bullet points!

Yeah, it should be, but as i said, i'm all bar clueless when it comes to economics.
Well, first job is pick a company.
Reply 4
ThePants999
Well, first job is pick a company.

:rolleyes:
Don't worry... i think i just have a general problem when it comes to understanding economics...

Latest

Trending

Trending