The Student Room Group

Need a 1st to get a 2:1 overall

ok so the title explains it all i need a 69.1% final year to get a 2 1 overall in my degree and its stressing and scaring me. can anyone give me any tips I chose the modules ofc with the highest 1sts rate, even ones in other departments. i have a few maths based modules as I know I need to score highly and these are a lot easier to.
is it possible? thanks for ur time
btw I study econ at warwick
Hi I know someone who did economics at Warwick Uni - I think she got a 2.1 - will ask her [watch this space]
Reply 2
Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon
Hi I know someone who did economics at Warwick Uni - I think she got a 2.1 - will ask her [watch this space]

Thank You so much appreciate it
Original post by Anonymous
ok so the title explains it all i need a 69.1% final year to get a 2 1 overall in my degree and its stressing and scaring me. can anyone give me any tips I chose the modules ofc with the highest 1sts rate, even ones in other departments. i have a few maths based modules as I know I need to score highly and these are a lot easier to.

Hi!
I recommend finding a study routine that really suits you! For me, I study by choosing a topic, writing down everything I can remember, then going through the lecture and adding to my notes all the things that I missed out. This helps fill gaps in my knowledge and focus on where my weaknesses lie. This method is called blurting and I really recommend it. :h:

I also try to get all my work done during the week so I can have my weekends free to relax and do what I enjoy. This isn't always possible but it works best for me. I try to work 9-5 during the week and set up a good routine and it helps me! I also try to make my days as fun as possible. So wearing my favourite clothes to study and getting my favourite drink. :top: This helps to make me feel comfortable and motivates me!

I would also advise making the most of the resources your uni has. Go to the library, access all the support you can and really submerge yourself into uni and your degree. If you don't understand something reach out to your lecturers and ask for help where ever needed.

If you want something bad enough you can put your mind to it and achieve it! You can do this. It might take a lot of work, effort and sacrifice, but if you want it bad enough you can do it!

Best of luck!
Hannah:bear:
Psychological Wellbeing Msc Student
DMU Student Ambassador
Original post by De Montfort University
Hi!
I recommend finding a study routine that really suits you! For me, I study by choosing a topic, writing down everything I can remember, then going through the lecture and adding to my notes all the things that I missed out. This helps fill gaps in my knowledge and focus on where my weaknesses lie. This method is called blurting and I really recommend it. :h:

I also try to get all my work done during the week so I can have my weekends free to relax and do what I enjoy. This isn't always possible but it works best for me. I try to work 9-5 during the week and set up a good routine and it helps me! I also try to make my days as fun as possible. So wearing my favourite clothes to study and getting my favourite drink. :top: This helps to make me feel comfortable and motivates me!

I would also advise making the most of the resources your uni has. Go to the library, access all the support you can and really submerge yourself into uni and your degree. If you don't understand something reach out to your lecturers and ask for help where ever needed.

If you want something bad enough you can put your mind to it and achieve it! You can do this. It might take a lot of work, effort and sacrifice, but if you want it bad enough you can do it!

Best of luck!
Psychological Wellbeing Msc Student
DMU Student Ambassador

how to get a decent grade in psyc? especially in written exams and coursework?

Anon,

I think the most important thing is not stressing out. If you are stressed it might help you to be initially productive, but afterwards it could take it's toll on your sleep, health, relationships, eating habits and general well-being. I think focusing on working to the best of your ability is a better approach than constantly thinking, "I need to get this mark to get this degree!"

Try and balance your time between the different modules, but that doesn't mean you spend the same time on them all. Some modules will need more time than others. Focus on doing well in the modules that have more credits or where it's easier to obtain a higher score. Try and use the methods of revision that worked for you previously and if there are things that didn't work so well, try some new revision techniques.

Whatever you do, try not to panic!

All the best,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
how to get a decent grade in psyc? especially in written exams and coursework?

Hi!:smile:

I advise really looking at the course specification and the assignment brief. Really analyse the question, what is being asked of you, what information is needed. I would recommend these tips for both exams and coursework:
- line of argument: what is your stance on the topic based on the research?
- refer to your line of argument throughout
- link back to the question: at the end of each paragraph summarise and link it back to the question/title
- look at the mark scheme: what is being asked to get the highest grade
- do wider reading: become a mini expert on the topic before you begin to write
- ask for help!: it's okay to need help

Specifically for exams I would recommend flash cards. Make these as you go along through the year and actively use them each week. Look at where your weaknesses lie and focus on these. Don't revise last minute- start early!

I hope this helps! If you need any more advice reach out again!

Msc Psychological Wellbeing student
DMU Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending