The Student Room Group

Computer Science Rankings 2020 entry.

I have researched universities and these are the following unis that I am considering applying to (in no particular order): Cardiff, QMUL, Kings, Warwick, Nottingham, Greenwich and a few others.
I was wondering how would you rank all the unis that do computer science, from best to worst. I have seen other tier lists, but many are from two or more years ago.
Reply 1
Original post by TahmidU11
I have researched universities and these are the following unis that I am considering applying to (in no particular order): Cardiff, QMUL, Kings, Warwick, Nottingham, Greenwich and a few others.
I was wondering how would you rank all the unis that do computer science, from best to worst. I have seen other tier lists, but many are from two or more years ago.

Warwick
Notts
Kings
QMUL
Cardiff
- big gap -
Greenwich
Reply 2
Thanks for a response. From what Ive reseached and seen online why would you put QMUL ahead of Cardiff for Comp sci? Are you a student at either particular uni?
you can check this as well, but it doesn't include your target universities. Regardless, it might be helpful.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=89990130#post89990130
Reply 4
Original post by btw i use arch
you can check this as well, but it doesn't include your target universities. Regardless, it might be helpful.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=89990130#post899901

Cheers! Do you have any specific opinions on QMUL or Cardiff?
From what I've seen, it is commonly listed as:
1-KCL/Warwick
2-Notts
3-QMUL/Cardiff
4-Greenwich.
I recall seeing a review video of CS education in YouTube, that might be helpful. Cardiff wise, I have no idea. But objectively speaking, a London Uni is generally have stronger industrial connections and more job opportunities. (Including part-time work while studying)
Reply 6
Original post by btw i use arch
From what I've seen, it is commonly listed as:
1-KCL/Warwick
2-Notts
3-QMUL/Cardiff
4-Greenwich.
I recall seeing a review video of CS education in YouTube, that might be helpful. Cardiff wise, I have no idea. But objectively speaking, a London Uni is generally have stronger industrial connections and more job opportunities. (Including part-time work while studying)

Thanks for the response.
I think world rankings put kcl at top of those unis, so if you want global prestige then follow order in world rankings
Also check discover uni for salary data if that's what you're interested in
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending