The Student Room Group

Thatcher government essay help needed please!

I have to write an essay (1st yr degree - all opinions more than welcome - just so you know the sort of level its at) on:

Were the policy intentions of the Thatcher Governments assisted or hindered by the structure of the British state?

Now, Im not entirely stuck. I have many policy intentions, broadly split into the creation of a free economy and the creation of the strong state in 79 Manifesto. So would include denationalisation, promotion of monetarist principles under the 1st, and strong defence and upholding of Parliament under 2nd. Can anyone think of any glaring policies that I have either missed or were implemented later? I have info on policies that have changed over period.

The structure of the state is proving slightly more difficult. am looking at Parliament, local govt, army and police, civil service. will also be considering trade unions, and possibly the judiciary and eu relationship.

what i am mostly stuck on is how to structure the whole thing (am leaning more towards talking about policy intentions through different element of the structure and seeing whether they were assisted/hindered.

Any comments on structure/content? anything that i should put in? anything that seems irrelevant?

and any comments from ppeists at oxford who may have done the actual essay would be very much appreciated!!!!

Thank you very much!
Reply 1
please?

Latest

Trending

Trending