The Student Room Group

Contract Law...Revocation

Hi, I got a question about the contract law. the case is between a partnership and a limited company. the limited company sent an offer letter to all of the prospective buyers including this partnership. the offer letter was received by one of the partners, but he was unable to contact his partner about the offer. therefore, on the next day, he replied the offer letter by saying that he had not discussed the offer to his partners but can stated that he accepted the offer. the letter arrived 3 days later on the offeror's office. whereas, one day before the letter arrived, the offeror (limited company) sent revocation letters to all of the prospective buyers. the letter arrived on the next day in the morning, at the partnership's office. the revocation letter was read by one of the partners (not the one who's dealing with the offeror). because he didn't know about his partner's dealing, he threw the letter to the waste paper bin. meanwhile, the offeree (the partner who deals with the offeror), who had not received any news from the offeror, sent the confirmation letter to the offeror on the same day as the revocation letter arrived. the offeror sent the letter at 10.00 because as far as he concern, the offer will be finished at 12.00 on that day.

my questions are:
1. does the 1st letter that was sent by the partner is an acceptance letter?
2. is the revocation valid, since the offeree has not received the letter? (his partner received the letter, but the partner didn't tell him about the revocation) :confused:

i hope all of you can help with this. thankyou very much. :biggrin:
where u studying?

Latest

Trending

Trending