The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I start mine on Sunday :p: Huzzah! Good luck!
if a customer asks you for something and you dont know where the item is/ what is made from etc don't pretended you know!!! if you don't !!
Reply 22
Ed.
It may not be due to you giving out incorrect change.

It could be because it was cashed up wrongly or the change was mis-counted into the till or the change already in there was miscounted.

To be fair, the 50 probably was missing due to my fault somehow. Possibly two notes stuck to each other. There's also been some thieves around who try to mess you up, by paying with a large note, then adding some more money in coins, etc. :s-smilie:

We get the money in tubes (coins) and I always count the amount of notes is correct (ten 10s and ten 5s), so the initial amount can't really have been wrong. At the end of the workday we pack the money into sealed bags which are sent off to a separate place to be counted by machines.
Just appease the bosses, smile loads, do whatever they say, in about a month or so you'll work out a routine where you can appear like you're doing a brilliant job but infact you're hiding in the stockroom for half of your pay.

and try not to take on too many hours, it will ruin your college life.
Good luck, hope you do all the things you should do, and that.
Reply 25
HJV
I once had 50€ missing and did not have any explanation. Had to pay. :frown:

y'know I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure that's illegal....
ttx
y'know I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure that's illegal....

It happens in other places such as pizza hut.

Latest

Trending

Trending