i dont
Reply 21
none.
Reply 22
people tip?!
Reply 23
£5
Reply 24
Last time i went to the hairdressers it cost me £84 so i gave her nothing. Plus it was on my card and im not a tipping fan either.
Reply 25
Always pay on my card and they enter the amount on the machine so....nothing from me! Too expensive to go anyway!!
Reply 26
Jizzabelle
I never tip my hairdresser because it usually costs over £50 each time anyway. Maybe thats just me being stingey..

Fifty quid... woah

I don't tip anything, why should I?, they set the price, I pay it. Same with meals at restaurants, I only tip if the waitress/waitor has earned it.

k823127
Last time i went to the hairdressers it cost me £84 so i gave her nothing. Plus it was on my card and im not a tipping fan either.

What the hell? £84? no wai that's ridiculous.
I got mine cut the other day and since it cost £30 already, I didn't tip :biggrin:
Reply 28
I'm against tipping. I pay about £40 for a cut which usually takes about an hour. £40 per hour?! I get paid £6.37 an hour. No bloody way.
i dont tip, it costs too much just to get my hair cut anyway :frown: :p:
Costs me £8 and I'll usually round it up to £10.

I've had it done at some fancy place a couple of times, but I'd tip about the same if not less. If I'm paying £25 for 45 minutes work, I think that's a fair enough rate...
Reply 31
I don't tip, never really considered tipping at a hairdressers!

It costs me anywhere between £30 and £90 depending on what I have done and who does it at my salon. As a student that is already ridiculously expensive! Granted I do feel great after I leave but I think I pay enough for that!
No - because my hairdresser is earning a lot more than me.....
I'm working in a job that is paid worse - and I don't *ever* get tipped.

I think it's condescending to be tipped by someone younger than you.
and patronising
"here - my good man - is something for your trouble. I am rich - unlike you - " and so on.

and yeah - they charge enough as it is.

Waitresses on the other hand - tip tip tip.
dont tip taxi drivers because they earn a total killing

I heard once that London taxi drivers could send a child to private school Just from the tips they recieve!
Reply 33
installedpear
No - because my hairdresser is earning a lot more than me.....
I'm working in a job that is paid worse - and I don't *ever* get tipped.

I think it's condescending to be tipped by someone younger than you.
and patronising
"here - my good man - is something for your trouble. I am rich - unlike you - " and so on.

and yeah - they charge enough as it is.

Waitresses on the other hand - tip tip tip.
dont tip taxi drivers because they earn a total killing

I heard once that London taxi drivers could send a child to private school Just from the tips they recieve!

Why would you tip a waitress and not a hairdresser? Both of them are providing a service and you are paying for the meal and the haircut.
pamelaa
Why would you tip a waitress and not a hairdresser? Both of them are providing a service and you are paying for the meal and the haircut.

Waitresses tend to earn crappy wages, and hairdressers charge a lot of money.
It depends, if it's an amount that will require a few quid change I say to just keep it. Otherwise I don't tip anything, she works for herself so gets all the money I pay her anyway :smile:
Reply 36
£5-£10, she only charges me £5, comes to my house, and she's the only person I let cut my hair. I don't think it's condescending at all, I think the service she provides is worth about £15, and she's a family friend.
Last time i got my hair cut i tipped the hairdresser £3
Reply 38
Nothing; I don't believe in tipping.
£1 everytime

Latest