The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Physics Paper 1 and 2 Revision and Study Chat

Scroll to see replies

we are way ahead i have just started astrophysics
I'm doing triple and we only started learning physics this year because I took my biology and chemistry GCSE last year.
Reply 22
Original post by Endola
haha, I'm wayyy behind on content. So I'm just goin' to work at my own pace instead

okay thats good then! not good that we're behind but that we're ALL behind
I hope half life comes up and there is more on electricity like there was on the 2019 paper imo there was too much energy on that paper and not enough electricity, and atomic structure
Original post by D_Patel14
We did Energy in year 9.
Now I am learning about Atomic Structure (e.g.radioactivity and radioactive decay etc).
This year we did electricity & particle model of matter.
(BTW I'm doing AQA what exam board are you doing?)

AQA too!
Original post by liamlarner
I hope half life comes up and there is more on electricity like there was on the 2019 paper imo there was too much energy on that paper and not enough electricity, and atomic structure

Can u tell me some specific questions in the 2019 GCSEs physics paper, I’ve just come out of hospital after breaking my arm and my school still want me to sit the mock 🥴
Original post by Walsh123
Can u tell me some specific questions in the 2019 GCSEs physics paper, I’ve just come out of hospital after breaking my arm and my school still want me to sit the mock 🥴

if you do aqa (triple) then i think i remember a few:

Paper 1: revise electricity!
-Calculation on resistance, you should get 120 ohms.
-specific heat capacity and specific latent heat question (really hard, i didnt manage to do it) but found out that you had to equate the two formulas and then solve for what they asked
-static electricity and how it travels from a cloth or something to human
-couple of power equations
-background radiation
thats all i could remember but it was a fairly easy paper apart from that SHC question ew.

Paper 2:
-need to describe why two bumper cars will stop when they bump into each other (momentum)
-need to describe energy stores and what happens as a sky-diver is falling
-weird question about why there are new models and old models arent used (i talked about the plum pudding model and the new atom model)
-a fab calculation question at the end about extension, you have to use like 3 equations but it's really good
-a **** calculation on velocity or speed or something, i think you either use accelaration or kinetic energy
-6 marker on how stopping distance is affected (thinking distance and braking distance)
-explain why an egg dropped at a height into a box of wool won't crack compared to if it was dropped onto concrete
-why/how accelerating too much could affect or harm someone
-need to know about moving diaphragm of microphone and how microphone works
-need to know about how ultrasounds let us see unborn babies
-need to know the practical for transverse waves (one with paper and drawing lines from rays)
-need to know about infrared radiation and how black and matt absorb heat more than white and shiny
-need to know about black body radiation
-need to know how to calculate depth with sound waves
That's all i could remember for paper 2 and this paper was more easier than 1 so you should be fine.
I hope your arm is okay, you school is so unfair. Good luck!
Heyy😃
Original post by Endola
Would you think I'm lying if I said everything?😂 because my mind is genuinely blank when I think about waves. I can only think of the words "frequency" and "wave length".

Nah. I believe you 100%.
hi, I've been doing edexcel sice yer nine but due to reasons I had to switched to AQA, Im really struggling with all the material, the practicals are really different, how do you guys revise for physics?
Original post by notwastingtime
hi, I've been doing edexcel sice yer nine but due to reasons I had to switched to AQA, Im really struggling with all the material, the practicals are really different, how do you guys revise for physics?

Hi, I’m currently predicted a 9 in physics so hopefully I can help. I would recommend both primrose kitten and free science lessons on YouTube. Also, I would recommend using Seneca for the basics and physics and maths tutor to do practice questions on particular topics, if you need any other help I’m happy to give advice :smile:
Which science do you think is the best?
Personally, I love physics but I hate chemistry.:smile::thumbsup:

For Chemistry - we still have 1 more topic (Energy changes) --> for paper 1

For Biology - we are on our last topic (Bioenergetics) --> for paper 1 again

For Physics - we are on our last topic (Atomic structure) --> for paper 1 again

Then after we are going to start paper 2 later on this year!!
Original post by D_Patel14
Which science do you think is the best?
Personally, I love physics but I hate chemistry.:smile::thumbsup:

Same I love physics (everyone thinks I’m weird 😂) but chemistry is just a bit boring tbh, are you going to do a level physics?
have paper 2 physics tomorrow. :rolleyes: up to before space physics
Original post by Obolinda
have paper 2 physics tomorrow. :rolleyes: up to before space physics

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Emily~3695
Good luck :smile:

thanks hunnn
Hi, I’m currently predicted a 9 in physics so hopefully I can help. I would recommend both primrose kitten and free science lessons on YouTube. Also, I would recommend using Seneca for the basics and physics and maths tutor to do practice questions on particular topics, if you need any other help I’m happy to give advice :smile:

Thanks for the reply.How much hours should I revise for and what topics do you think are the hardest and I should concentrate on.
Same I love physics (everyone thinks I’m weird 😂) but chemistry is just a bit boring tbh, are you going to do a level physics?

Probably I just hope I get a good grade in it and maths.
Original post by notwastingtime
Thanks for the reply.How much hours should I revise for and what topics do you think are the hardest and I should concentrate on.

I think at the moment you probably shouldn’t revise more than 1-2 hours per week per subject, probably less that this as you may burn out, I can’t really say which topics are difficult for you but ones that a lot of people seem to think are hard are forces, electromagnetism and electricity so maybe start there, try focusing on what you need to improve as only you know what that is :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending