The Student Room Group

Any Driving Test Tips?

I have my driving test in a few weeks and hopefully pass

Has anyone got any tips? and what you get minors and majors for?
Reply 1
I can imagine the biggest pitfalls being observations... make sure you do them and make it obvious for your examiner. I did my one in October and passed first time, my minors were in observations and hesitation. So basically relax and drive as you do with your instructor.
Reply 2
As someone who took four times to pass, the best thing I learned was: DRIVE NORMALLY!
Seriously, your instructor must think you're ready- so your driving is fine.
I failed the first three times because I kept trying to 'adapt' my driving for the test, trying to 'please' the examiner, which led me to get majors on hesitance (eg, not moving out of a box junction turning right when I should have done, or questioning roundabout judgement).
As soon as I started driving normally, and treat the tests as just a normal drive, I passed with only two minors.

Yes, make it obvious when you look over your right shoulder when setting off and make it obvious your checking your mirrors *on one of my tests she didn't see me check my mirrors and gave me a minor* , but do not focus too heavily on them or you'll distract yourself from driving normally.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by MLH16
I have my driving test in a few weeks and hopefully pass

Has anyone got any tips? and what you get minors and majors for?

Check out The Driving Test Book on Amazon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending