The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It remains on your hard drive until it's overwritten by the drive for another file.

Other people can access it using special programs such as TuneUp Shredder and stuff.
Reply 2
Yes other people can. Think of it like this, you 'delete' the file but a fingerprint of the file is left if someone using certain software can locate that fingerprint they can restore the file. Computer Forensics
Reply 3
Gamer99
It remains on your hard drive until it's overwritten by the drive for another file.

Other people can access it using special programs such as TuneUp Shredder and stuff.

Can your internet access it? the company? they could but it would be illegal right?
Reply 4
somepeople
Can your internet access it? the company? they could but it would be illegal right?

Uh, not as easily and why would they want to anyway?

It's a breach of numerous privacy laws I guess anyway but the Police and stuff can look.
Reply 5
Other people could access it but it would be trespassing right?
Reply 6
somepeople
Other people could access it but it would be trespassing right?

Court order needed otherwise violation of the misuse of computers act
Reply 7
I'm guessing you're in China from the flag. Knowing the communist government over there they can probably access anything with no respect. We can't comment on laws properly in the UK let alone in other countries.
Is there anyway to completely get rid of it?
Reply 9
somepeople

Sounds like someone's got something to hide...
Reply 10
There are programs that can help but you can never truly be sure I think.
Reply 11
Gamer99
I'm guessing you're in China from the flag. Knowing the communist government over there they can probably access anything with no respect. We can't comment on laws properly in the UK let alone in other countries.

I was born in the UK, and i'm living in the Uk...
So the china and their communist stuff doesn't effect me.
Reply 12
Use a proper file shredder to get rid of your kiddie pr0n. :wink:
Reply 13
Then why have you got a Chinese flag?!
Reply 14
Yea, don't try the magnet trick for fun though. lol.
Reply 15
Gamer99
Then why have you got a Chinese flag?!

Im from china!!! my parents were born there! Location: London!!!

Whats with the "!!!"
Reply 16
even if you classically reformat your hard drive it might still be there as well

i think there's a special thing you can do though to change like all the bits from "1"s to "0"s and completely wipe it clean so there's not a trace of anything. but then literally you'll have to start completely from scratch i'm not even sure how it would work

but there is a way of getting rid of it completely!!

just install a good firewall and there should be no attacks from the internet adn stuff and you should be fine

or i suppose if you wanna be ultra sure just back up + buy a new hard drive
Reply 17
somepeople
Im from china!!! my parents were born there! Location: London!!!

Whats with the "!!!"

Nothing. I just thought it was a bit odd as I'd just put what country I live in.
Reply 18
To tell the truth, i don't even know what is it myself, its a folder, with nothing inside but the folder name is a bunch of letters and numbers and i want to get rid of it but i'm not sure if its important or not.

I'm 13 by the way to don't be thinking that im hiding important stuff :biggrin:
Reply 19
Oh it's probably just a random windows folder then.

Latest

Trending

Trending