The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 1
The gym at the uni isn't exactly great from what I saw of it. Huddersfield Sports Centre is around 5-10 minutes walk from the university.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks man.
Anyway should be ok for some trainning right?
Reply 3
Should be ok. There is a gym at Huddersfield Sports Centre which is mainly machines rather than free weights and thats ok unless you're going for big lifts :smile:
Reply 4
how much you have to pay for the Huddersfield Sports Center to go there for one year? Is it like you pay an annual fee and then you can use swimming pool, gym...?
Reply 5
I'm not sure about the membership costs, but you should be able to find something on http://www.huddersfieldleisure.co.uk/
Reply 6
i heard they are moving the sports centre to leeds road as they want to build a big tescos at the current site
It's gotta beat the current tesco's and sports centre.. neither are that special!
Reply 8
I'd agree with that!
Reply 9
to be honest i think tesco's are dumb to put one next to a massive sainsbury's even though there are 2 in town next to each other already? lol
Reply 10
I was gonna ask about the swimming facilities also =)

All my Qs have being answered thanks lol
Reply 11
Theres also a decent pool at the Galpharm Stadium if I remember rightly :smile:
Reply 12
Anth
Theres also a decent pool at the Galpharm Stadium if I remember rightly :smile:

I'll second that - Its a hell of a lot better than the Sports Centre & only another 10 Minutes walk.
Yea the sports facilties the univeristy offers itself is pretty poor to be honest. i'm a keen squash player and for them only to have two courts without even any ventilation was a massive letdown.

Like people have said the sports facilities of the town itself are pretty good. The Huddersfield sports centre is only about 5 minutes walk from the university.
Reply 14
What about the sports societies at uni? Are they worth joining?
Yes if you want to get involved in regular sports activities i would say joining a society would be the best idea.

I was part of the squash club last year which was pretty good. Go on the website and look at the ones available and see if you fancy any.

You will be able to join any of them at the Freshers fair.

Latest

Trending

Trending